Is it ok to "boo"

To Boo or Not to Boo  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's acceptable to boo?

• Yes
    • No

But the question is "Do you think it's acceptable to boo?"...not whether or not people have the right.

Depends.

So, without an example, I must say maybe.

I can imagine seeing a corps sit down on the field in protest and laying the American Flag down on the ground and me booing my ### off. But then, think about the corps that might be spawned from that ?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<<Do you think it's acceptable to boo?>>

Lots of things are acceptable to me, but I don't understand the context.

Okay, it's late and I'm still in the press box of Lucas Oil Stadium, watching the erased hash marks dry.

bahaha I had to read this a second time before I caught on to the pun....but it is late, that's my excuse

well played sir, well played.

:smile:

I feel like that was an unnecessary political statement and that it belongs in the "off topic" thread, or whatever you call it.

Let me be clear. I was all for it when it happened but with hindsight I think we lost many freedoms we are yet to discover lost. If we take away the freedom to boo, could we not also at some point run the risk of taking away the freedom to cheer ?

Who knows, maybe I'm just getting too old to goosestep ( Crown Imperial )

< insert rimshot HERE>

Let me be clear. I was all for it when it happened but with hindsight I think we lost many freedoms we are yet to discover lost. If we take away the freedom to boo, could we not also at some point run the risk of taking away the freedom to cheer ?

Who knows, maybe I'm just getting too old to goosestep ( Crown Imperial )

< insert rimshot HERE>

Perhaps I am missing something but I don't think the question has anything to do with freedoms, nothing at all. The fact that you are free to boo is a given, is it not? The question is whether it is acceptable or appropriate. As far as I am concerned, no examples needed, no context needed at all, it is always in INCREDIBLY poor taste to boo at a drum corps contest. ...but you clearly have the right to do so (doesn't make it the right thing to do).

I think that booing is inappropriate. I understand trying to communicate dissatisfaction with a hope to affect change. I'm sure those who say they are booing are directing it at the corps leadership. I understand, but in so doing you generate a great deal of collateral damage.

This is one case where I would encourage the disgruntled to opt for other means. Send a letter and begin it with, "I chose to not boo, even though I really wanted to, but I have something to say to you in this private correspondence..."

I think that booing is inappropriate. I understand trying to communicate dissatisfaction with a hope to affect change. I'm sure those who say they are booing are directing it at the corps leadership. I understand, but in so doing you generate a great deal of collateral damage.

This is one case where I would encourage the disgruntled to opt for other means. Send a letter and begin it with, "I chose to not boo, even though I really wanted to, but I have something to say to you in this private correspondence..."

Booing is also for judges decisions BUT I can tell ya Judges dont care about the boos infact talk and laugh about it. So only makes the kids think its them....its not!

Perhaps I am missing something but I don't think the question has anything to do with freedoms, nothing at all. The fact that you are free to boo is a given, is it not? The question is whether it is acceptable or appropriate. As far as I am concerned, no examples needed, no context needed at all, it is always in INCREDIBLY poor taste to boo at a drum corps contest. ...but you clearly have the right to do so (doesn't make it the right thing to do).

I don't boo and I don't care for people who ( at a drum corps show) However, some posters have gone a little overboard about it IMHO. Some posters have made comments about having people removed from the stadium for booing. My point is just how much trouble is going to be started when you start ejecting people from the stands for booing ? Considering the problems we have with people thinking bLooing is booing and the Coats being in the top three this could get messy.

As far as never booing at a show ? I'm not so sure as an adult I would not have booed I.C. R. when they sat on the starting line in protest and layed the American Flag on the ground. Sure that was late 60's but if were to happen today ? I just might feel the need to boo something like that.

Yes, in a perfect society where everyone is raised with good manners and are taught to be polite, this would not be a problem. I think it's a little far fetched to think our society will ALL be polite.