BD encore

The drill was rewritten at the very end of the encore! A different Blue Devil shot out of the final mirror to end the show.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 4 finals I've attended, it was the smallest turnout I've seen. Maybe 2K.

On the other hand, I'd say 15K stayed for Phantom in '08.

It was packed for Phantom in 2008. It was as if the show was still going and no one wanted to let the moment die in just savoring their victory. :)

Edited by Liahona

The on-line coverge of the scores showed people exiting after the Cavies scored was announced.

.....and you can't use a Starbuck's gift card in some Barnes and Nobles .....

I don't know any estimates on attendance, but that encore had some POWER. I moved down to the 340's for the encore and was absolutely blown away by the show. Also talked to some nice people who's son was marching BD. The kid is only 16. Talk about talent!

... and while we're on the subject. What's with "huge plume syndrome"?

Since BD '08 it's like a lot of corps are trying to prove something with plume size ... Now Crown and Cadets are getting into the act.

How many ostrich are going to have to pay the ultimate price before corps will be satisfied that their plumes are big enough?

Oh, the humanity!

Dr. Phil, I think we have a clear case of plume envy here!

By the way, the corps was told to contact their Doctor if the plumes lasted longer than 4 hours!

Edited by Plan9

... and while we're on the subject. What's with "huge plume syndrome"?

Since BD '08 it's like a lot of corps are trying to prove something with plume size ... Now Crown and Cadets are getting into the act.

How many ostrich are going to have to pay the ultimate price before corps will be satisfied that their plumes are big enough?

Oh, the humanity!

Cadets have always had large plumes lately, iirc

Now, as for Crown, I believe they started having large plumes in 2007.

Neither were influenced by BD. :)

If anything, perhaps there's a link to BK being influenced since they went to white in 2009 ... but I think that was more show centric anyway -- the whole "Shiver" concept. And I think it just stuck. I actually kinda like the white plumes going with dark uniforms.

Dr. Phil, I think we have a clear case of plume envy here!

By the way, the corps was told to contact their Doctor if the plumes lasted longer than 4 hours!

WIN!!!!

Edited by CMFC4Ever

hey, bluecoats used to have the longest plumes in DCI when theirs used to go halfway down their backs in the 90's

I stayed for BD's encore before going up to the press box to start my recap analysis. Those who didn't stay missed a GREAT show.

hey, bluecoats used to have the longest plumes in DCI when theirs used to go halfway down their backs in the 90's

Nice point. Never saw those, but I could imagine. Bluecoats have pretty long plumes now.