Judges biased towards some corps

Unquestionably, the Blue Devils have ALWAYS had a Brilliant Horn Line, a pretty good Drum Line, and a Beautiful Guard. What they haven't had, IMO, is a challenging or exciting Drill/Visual Program. Do they deserve to be one of the most successful Corps in DC History? Without a doubt! Do they consistently produce Music that elevates the form? Of Course! Do they continually outmarch their competitors? Rarely, if ever! Their "Chairs" show was perfect for them. But "Spartacus" moved! And while I believe they could have played "Samurai" or "Mad World" to near perfection, I don't think that they could have marched those shows anywhere close to the level The Cavaliers did.

/disagree

The only thing I really enjoyed about the Blue Devils this year was watching them march. It's so much better than everyone else it's orgasmic. And they design their show to accentuate their ridiculous marching abilities.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Why did Blue Stars place where they did? I thought this corps was strong across the board.

They placed 8th. .10 away from 7th. and a 91.90 very good placement and year.

2. Why didn't Madison place higher in brass? I was blown away when I heard them.

Intro strong , ending strong , Middle = not much there.

3. How did Cadets not be at the top or very close to it in all visual captions? They had a great visual show, performed at a very high level.

so did all corps above them .They did perform or have a better prgram than ANY of the corps above them.

4. How did Crown not win brass?

because Blue Deils , CAVIES , and Bluecoats were ALL better. period.

We all have corps that we prefer but I thought Blue Stars, Crown and Cadets were underscored especially the last 2 weeks of the season.

Were Blue Devils really 3 points better than Crown?

YES...

Were the Cavies really almost 3 points better than Cadets?

YES..........maybe more.

Were Blue Coats really almost 5 points better than Blue Stars?

YES...

agreed. however slightly less difficult and clean should probably get performer over the book numbers

Difficulty is great and a line should get credit for it if they acheive the difficult part cleanly. Unfortunately for Crown there was difficulty and there was also dirt. You shouldn't get full credit for the difficulty if you can't perform it without issues. And in Allentown (didn't go to finals) there was a good bit of phasing within the Crown horn book which was noticeable dead center on the 50 in the upper deck. So difficult and dirty should never beat slightly less difficult and clean.

Unquestionably, the Blue Devils have ALWAYS had a Brilliant Horn Line, a pretty good Drum Line, and a Beautiful Guard. What they haven't had, IMO, is a challenging or exciting Drill/Visual Program. Do they deserve to be one of the most successful Corps in DC History? Without a doubt! Do they consistently produce Music that elevates the form? Of Course! Do they continually outmarch their competitors? Rarely, if ever! Their "Chairs" show was perfect for them. But "Spartacus" moved! And while I believe they could have played "Samurai" or "Mad World" to near perfection, I don't think that they could have marched those shows anywhere close to the level The Cavaliers did.

I think you literally have to be insane if you think the Blue Devils don't have one of the best, cleanest marching technique out there. Did you see their feet this year? Or any other year?

I think you literally have to be insane if you think the Blue Devils don't have one of the best, cleanest marching technique out there. Did you see their feet this year? Or any other year?

Not this year, as they spent a lot of time behind the Mirrors. In the past they have been very good in M&M, but I actually believe there is a reason The Cavaliers are known as "The Green Machine".

Just my (possibly biased) opinion.

Not this year, as they spent a lot of time behind the Mirrors. In the past they have been very good in M&M, but I actually believe there is a reason The Cavaliers are known as "The Green Machine".

They were also known as the green machine when they were battling Spirit of Atlanta and Suncoast Sound too.

They did not spend alot of time behind the mirrors, they spent alot of time winning another visual caption award doing what they do better, more consistent and cleaner, with more exposure than anybody else. Including the Cavaliers. And if you care to, check out 1992 Cavaliers, high camera, they won with one of the most sloppiest visual performances for a champion ever.

G

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but you really should check out their feet in 11.