Thank You Indy

Phenomenal weekend in Indianapolis.

$5 cab rides!!!!

Monument Circle (South Bend Chocolate Company!!!)

Hampton Inn's haunted elevators.

And two completely full days in drum corps in a great indoor stadium.

Given the hot and humid weather outside, it was great in the cool and breezy Oil Can.

I think my one complaint would be the location of the Fan Marketplace. That's it.

Oh, and Marine Corps D&B Corps playing the corps on....see, DCI listened after last year.

I ran back up to my seats to hear the mass playing of "Battle Hymn" for one of two possible outcomes:

A: Great playing by 12 of this year's best corps

B: The possibility of a repeat of 2008

I am so glad it was A. Bobby Flay loses again on Throwdown.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy was a nice place, but who had the $5 cab rides?

what surprised me was how many people were on the streets at 2 Am Saturday...yet by 1 Am Sunday most places were closing up

The stadium itself is very nice (dome comments aside), but I believe the area itself is not that great. Has a hard core inner city feel to it which doesnt appeal to me. I know my wife felt very unsafe walking back to our hotel. In addition, I think the concessions should stay open for the whole event.

Indy was a nice place, but who had the $5 cab rides?

what surprised me was how many people were on the streets at 2 Am Saturday...yet by 1 Am Sunday most places were closing up

Indy Airport Cab. Anywhere downtown for $5.

We rode too and from the Can to the hotel for $5. Sure beats parking!

Indy Airport Cab. Anywhere downtown for $5.

We rode too and from the Can to the hotel for $5. Sure beats parking!

ah. i had a rough one block walk from hotel to stadium

I took the STAIRS to the top of Indy's Civil War Monument.

:smile:

Never. Again.

Good exercise, though. Had to balance out all that Steak 'n Shake somehow.

I enjoyed Indy again... being from Memphis... I didnt think Indy was unsafe at all.

The stadium wasnt as bad as some of the people here say. Better than the RCA or Georgia Dome, as far as sound.

Just wish there were more to do there. We went there in 2008 for finals, went to the Zoo and NCAA Hall of Champions... and thats all that is there that was interesting to us. Oh well... we will be back again for next year.

We went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, The NCAA Hall of Champions (which was not as cool as it SHOULD be), The Children's Museum if Indianapolis (THIS IS A MUST SEE!), and visited the gravesites of my grandmother and my other relatives. Then of course there was the obligatory swimming in the hotel pool with my kids. This was a GREAT year in Indy for me.

P.S. The Indy state fair was going on, but I didn't go

edit: We also spent some time in Circle Center downtown. The downtown area is really nice. As is White River State Park where the corps warmup

Edited by DCImonkey