• 1992 - City of Angels Part Duex
    • 1993 - Reflection and Evolution
    • 1994 - Santos, Cuban Overature, Malaga
    • 1995 - A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter
    • 1996 - A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: Part Dos
    • 1997 - The Pirates of Lake Mendota
    • 1998 - Power, Pizazz, and All that Jazz
    • 1999 - Selections from Jesus Christ Superstar

I still have that picture the 1997 Drum Major took of the crowd during the big chord at the end in my pictures gallery at home. What a great shot.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hated the 95 show, and to this day it is still the only show I intentionally did not watch, instead choosing to hit the bathroom/food concessions, during finals when I attended. I believe it was Semi's when I skipped their show, I did see the finals performance.

I hated the 95 show, and to this day it is still the only show I intentionally did not watch, instead choosing to hit the bathroom/food concessions, during finals when I attended. I believe it was Semi's when I skipped their show, I did see the finals performance.

:thumbup::thumbup: Are you not well? <touches forehead with back of hand> Aww it's ok! Lie down and drink this :tongue: Let me know if you start feeling better later! :thumbup:

I can understand why you might say that, not having experienced it live. The drill was written very well, but was not up to the caliber of several other corps that year. The drill was executed very, very well. The "universal love" for the show is primarily about the MUSIC - superbly arranged and played in a mad dog after raw raw meat mentality - by both the brass and percussion! They wailed like few have ever wailed in DCI. The guard helped in establishing some of the emotional levels coming off of the field, but the POWER & PRECISION of the music was truly what made this show tick. That lead soprano line cut through like a laser. Power, passion, intensity - these are the types of adjectives you will probably see that a lot of people will have in common when describing this show. Their finals show was a truly historic event, and man am I glad I was there! When I think of ultimate crowd approval roars, a few that quickly come to mind include Madison 95, Phantom 2008, VK 92, and SCV 82. There is something special about those connections with the audience. I hope that helps to explain "the magic" a little bit.

It did feel like a historic event at a lot of the big shows they were at that year. Good way of describing it. Allentown, Finals.... . Just to add something else that stands out from that year ....if I remember correctly they sold autographed drumheads from the snareline. They were getting a pretty good price for these too.

This all sounds like some sort of rockstar status- But that is the "connection" I think you are referring to. People were very into that show and really a lot of their shows from that decade in an indescribable way. Just had to see em live...

Duh.

1995 - A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter

1999 - Selections from Jesus Christ Superstar

1997 - The Pirates of Lake Mendota

1996 - A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: Part Dos

1992 - City of Angels Part Duex

1998 - Power, Pizazz, and All that Jazz

1994 - Santos, Cuban Overature, Malaga

1991 - City of Angels

1990 - Undiscovered Madison

1993 - Reflection and Evolution

I'm okay with this, except I might switch the last 2.

Though, I actually listen to 1999 a LOT more than 1995, and I have a special place in my heart for the 1998 show because I wore out the 1998 shows in general, play them a LOT.

:thumbup::thumbup: Are you not well? <touches forehead with back of hand> Aww it's ok! Lie down and drink this :tongue: Let me know if you start feeling better later! :thumbup:

perfectly fine, but I was sick of the whole spanish style music. I marched Bushwackers senior that year and basically had to listen to that spanish crap almost every weekend when we competed against the cabaleros so the last thing I wanted to hear was more spanish crap.

I knew a guy who would base how good a season was by where Madison Placed. the lower they placed the better the season.

95 because I've listened to that the most and know it very well, 99 is a show I've just recently gotten to listen to (last year was the first time I really paid attention to it)

Those are the only shows I've really listened to.

Here's another poll for the Madison Scouts...your favorite show of theirs for the 90s.

My choice - and I'm sure most people's choice - is 1995!

Yep, Im with you on this one. Id #### myself if they chose this for 2011. Id bet some serious screamers would find there way to the midwest if they new we were coming out with that show agian. Yea, that wouldnt suck. See ya next year Jeff.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Yep, Im with you on this one. Id #### myself if they chose this for 2011. Id bet some serious screamers would find there way to the midwest if they new we were coming out with that show agian. Yea, that wouldnt suck. See ya next year Jeff.

GO MADISON SCOUTS!

You got it Jason. I'll most likely see you again at Drums On. Until then....GO SCOUTS!