Question about corps housing on tour

Do drum corps ever practice on pavement anymore? We occasionally marked off a parking lot, but it was hot.

I'm asking because I own an old high school building, but there is not enough room to mark off a field.

I would offer up the space in the summer, but it might not be useful.

I know they will (and do) if they have to, but obviously they prefer grass\turf field(s) where available, especially with so much work that has members on the ground off their feet. However, it certainly couldnt hurt to offer the space to the local show sponsor and if they cant find enough places with fields for all corps they could look there.

Do drum corps ever practice on pavement anymore? We occasionally marked off a parking lot, but it was hot.

I'm asking because I own an old high school building, but there is not enough room to mark off a field.

My first year, we did all of spring training on a parking lot!!!! Greatest month of my life, let me tell you :tongue:

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!!!!!

I'm pretty sure corps still use them. They practice where they can. I remember one field in Pennsylvania where it was mostly a field, but the back right corner was parking lot. That field was pretty lame!

THE 27TH LANCERS PRACTICED BEHIND NORTHGATE SHOPPING PLAZA IN REVERE. ITWAS NOT REGULATION SIZE EITHER.

I remember practicing on a few lots this past summer, either the fields were soggy or there weren't enough fields for each section to be on grass. It wasn't a huge deal, we just didn't do any choreography that involved going to the ground and by this time not doing it once or twice didn't really make a difference.

I know the field liners appreciated when we got to places with turf or pre-marked parking lots :cool::w00t:

THE 27TH LANCERS PRACTICED BEHIND NORTHGATE SHOPPING PLAZA IN REVERE. ITWAS NOT REGULATION SIZE EITHER.

Why are you yelling at us?