Indianapolis Attendance

And that pretty much sums up how many people feel about today's drum corps activity.

Oh brother! Who many? Hearing you and Ream is like listening to a dirge! Move the #### thing around then...bring it to California every couple years...you'll get lots of "many people"!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh brother! Who many? Hearing you and Ream is like listening to a dirge! Move the #### thing around then...bring it to California every couple years...you'll get lots of "many people"!

and yet despite the pot shot at me, I agree with you 100%

138 i'd say 85% full, but many lower than me seemed to be kids from corps not performing

Guess you were looking forward. If you looked back or turned around you could have waved to us in 437. The age-out wave was awesome; slo-mo, reg-mo and fast-mo. Our section did the wave everytime. Very cool!

Notice the people that truly know, namely DCI. They won't tell you how many tickets were sold. They just keep that same old, " tickets are selling better all the time, " line. I think they actually believe it, yet they never show the numbers and improvemens on them each year. Where are the numbers?????? It can't be that hard to do. Its not like its confidential info that could doom your organization, is it? It seems that baseball, football and hockey can give you attendance numbers within the 2 hours of their show, yet we don't have numbers from 3 years ago.

Notice the people that truly know, namely DCI. They won't tell you how many tickets were sold. They just keep that same old, " tickets are selling better all the time, " line. I think they actually believe it, yet they never show the numbers and improvemens on them each year. Where are the numbers?????? It can't be that hard to do. Its not like its confidential info that could doom your organization, is it? It seems that baseball, football and hockey can give you attendance numbers within the 2 hours of their show, yet we don't have numbers from 3 years ago.

What's the fascination here to know if sales are sagging or increasing? Is there something you're trying to infer?

it was hard to get a read on anything above the 300 level from down low.

Guess you were looking forward. If you looked back or turned around you could have waved to us in 437. The age-out wave was awesome; slo-mo, reg-mo and fast-mo. Our section did the wave everytime. Very cool!

What's the fascination here to know if sales are sagging or increasing? Is there something you're trying to infer?

people are curious. most major entertainment and sporting events release attendance, as it's one big sign of the health of the activity

All I know is I won't be back to Indianapolis. The acoustics were terrible and in my opinion the shows have gotten way too involved. I only enjoyed a few corps at Finals this year.

What section were you in? If they were good seats, I might want them for 9 of the next 10 years!

No fascination. People like to know what kind of crowd was there and for some unknown reason, numbers that used to be readily released aren't anymore. What is with the fascination of withholding generic information?

Here is a different take on why there might be so few people attending DCI Finals in recent years:

If you live in TX, LA, or NM and can see 'all' of the WC corps in San Antonio, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in AL, GA, TN, SC, NC, or FL and you can see 'all' of the WC corps in Atlanta, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in the northeast and can see 'all' of the WC corps in Allentown, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in the northern middle States, and can see 'all' of the WC corps in Minneapolis, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

A major reason for going to the World Championships is you know junior drum corps isn't going to get any better than that. Why go to the World Series if you've seen both teams in cross-league play earlier, or any major sports event where both teams had met before? The World Championships is the ultimate in junior drum corps.

I'm guessing at least a few people from the Minneapolis area made the trek down to Indy to see the corps that got rained out.