Barbara, Me And Labor Day Weekend

Hi all...

I've had several people ask me why Barbara is not making the trip to Rochester this year, and why I'm going to be there for a bit of a shorter weekend than usual.

So... before the "speculation mill" gets cranked up, here's the answer(s):

1) Barbara's doing fine. In fact, in the past few months she's been doing much better than she had been for the previous year or so. The folks who saw her in Scranton can attest to this. She and I are very encouraged by her recent progress.

2) The reason I am coming up for Finals and Barbara is staying home is...... quite simply, the travel logistics for both of us to get there this year just didn't work out.

Last year, between the drive up and back and the long weekend there (we drove up Thursday, and drove home over two days Monday and Tuesday)... well.... it wiped both of us out. More so than I ever thought it would.

So.... this year, the DCA folks and I agreed that I would fly up Saturday afternoon/evening, work Finals on Sunday, and back home Monday. Barbara will be home here in Baltimore with someone (or someones...LOL) at the house to keep her company.

Meanwhile, Steve Anderman is doing the PA work for the Friday night mini-corps show, Prelims on Saturday and the Alumni show Sunday morning/afternoon. I just hope he doesn't kill me when he sees me Sunday, for him having to do all this work. :tongue:

I thank Gil Silva and the rest of the DCA staff for their flexibility and understanding, regarding this whole situation...very much appreciated!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fran, and I'll admit we were wondering how the two of you would handle the long weekend north of the Mason-Dixon line. LOL, we had to cut back on the August events (Reilly concert, Buccs home show) based on how worn out we would be for the DCA trip. Our line is: "Ya gotta do, whatcha gotta do", especially when you know the limits of what works.

Best part of the post is hearing how Barb is doing. :tongue: Will pass this to Krista.

And Bravo to DCA for working this out with the two of you. :tongue:

Best part of the post is hearing how Barb is doing. :tongue: Will pass this to Krista.

And Bravo to DCA for working this out with the two of you. :tongue:

Thanks, Jim!!!!

Our two kitty cats will be in charge of the house over Labor Day weekend....like they are every other day of the year. LOL.

We're just the wait staff for them here. :worthy:

will see you this weekend, and I totally understand why....as long as you're at Finals, all will feel right with the world. Well, til we see your shirt

Yeah, the trek up from Balmer is even more of a trek than Harrisburg. My guess is 7 hours plus, especially with any fuel or rest stops, and you usually have to take at least one.

Usually, I try and do a stop in Hammondsport for some wine tasting if I head that way to break up the long drive and have some fun...

Announcing's hard work, but also very fun to do, especially if the crowd's into it. and from my experience, the crowd should be prety wild for the Mini-Corps show. I don't think Steve will be upset at all, Fran. :tongue:

Announcing's hard work, but also very fun to do, especially if the crowd's into it. and from my experience, the crowd should be prety wild for the Mini-Corps show. I don't think Steve will be upset at all, Fran. :tongue:

Nope.... not at all. He announced the mini-corps show and the Alumni show last year and did a great job!!!

will see you this weekend, and I totally understand why....as long as you're at Finals, all will feel right with the world. Well, til we see your shirt

And that, my friend, is a closely-guarded secret. :tongue:

will you and Adam compete this year?

I'm personally pulling for "Parrot Jungle:"

hawaiian-parrot-shirts.jpg

Glad to hear Barb is doing much better!!!