Bando/n00b Stories

Something in another thread inspired me to start this thread.

Now, the point of this thread is not to bash n00bs or bandos ... even though bandos do get on my nerves ... but just merely a place for those of us who have seen/heard some annoying things to share stories.

So, tell me about the most annoying bando/n00b thing you've ever heard/seen at a show.

This is actually what I posted in the thread that inspired this idea.

N00b: "Why are they "booing" that corps! That's so uncool!"

*you lower your head in shame*

You: "They're not booing. They're 'Blooing.'"

N00b: Oh.

**facepalm**

Gotta love n00bs. lol :tongue:

But, in all seriousness, I can put up with n00bs to bring some new fans into the activity.

Some of my other ones are:

--When bandos constantly refer to the units as "bands."

--Freak out when they see a certain corps. (i.e. "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR RIGHT THERE!) (intentionally misused "their" since kids today don't seem to know how to utilize proper grammar).

I'm sure there are others, but I just can't think of them right now.

Edited by CMFC4Ever

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget it then. This was not meant to be a thread where people bash me. So what if I haven't marched corps? Does that make me any less of a person? Or, does it make you elitist for discouting my opinion because I never got the chance to march.

Very mature.

Edited by CMFC4Ever

Forget it then. This was not meant to be a thread where people bash me. So what if I haven't marched corps? Does that make me any less of a person? Or, does it make you elitist for discouting my opinion because I never got the chance to march.

Very mature.

I'm fairly sure you misread what I said. I have no idea whether you marched or not. It's completely fine if you didn't. It's people who do discredit the bandos from drum corps land I can't stand.

I'm fairly sure you misread what I said. I have no idea whether you marched or not. It's completely fine if you didn't. It's people who do discredit the bandos from drum corps land I can't stand.

I apologize, but upon first read it seemed to me like you were trying to say the same thing the other poster did. I did not read your post carefully enough and realized my mistake after I replied. However, I do want to say that I'm not trying to discredit them. This is just supposed to be a discussion about things that they do that annoy us. I welcome any fan who wants to get into this activity. I just roll my eyes at Bandos and try to educate them. Like telling one who asks why people are "booing" the Bluecoats that they are actually "blooing." That's all I'm getting at.

I apologize, but upon first read it seemed to me like you were trying to say the same thing the other poster did. I did not read your post carefully enough and realized my mistake after I replied. However, I do want to say that I'm not trying to discredit them. This is just supposed to be a discussion about things that they do that annoy us. I welcome any fan who wants to get into this activity. I just roll my eyes at Bandos and try to educate them. Like telling one who asks why people are "booing" the Bluecoats that they are actually "blooing." That's all I'm getting at.

Fair enough. I don't like these type of things, but these kind of things are fine to partake in. GAME ON!!!!

Rookie BD drum major saying "band ten hut" at Mars. He was immediately duct-taped to a lightpole for said infraction.

Was that Brian Howard? Or was this some other rookie BD Drum Major? Knowing his history with Drum Corps, I might understand if it was him since he'd never marched corps at all before he became BD's drum major in 2006. That's really the only reason my mind jumped to him immediately when I read your post.

Edited by CMFC4Ever