PR Conductors

How about a member of the first place corps leaving to join the previous year's 15th place corps? See Madison Scouts 2010 DM John Lee, who was one of the assistant drum majors at BD in 2009.

That worked out pretty well for John I'd say.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drum Majors are for marching bands. Conductors direct classical music, hence the designation. (!) :thumbdown:

<retreats to bomb-proof shelter, dons flame-proof suit>

... and, Linda, you had a really cool DM in your corps in 1976! :thumbdown:

He's very cool :starwars: when I was GC in winter guard, he was winter GC a year later; when I was DM, he was DM a year later. We spent lots of time together at retreats and had mutual respect. I took a sabbatical 1975 but they asked me to conduct that summer. I took another sabbatical 1976 and marched a flag hole. Had I accepted a DM role in another corps those years, I might have been in the movies; too funny!

Fast forward to the present. In between project work, I'm do maintenance work. There's alot of satisfaction working maintenance in the line area to see if the project work was implemented properly. Next month I'll be providing on-going training again. The class participants provide me with ideas to make a better product. My DM experiences had assisted me to see the big picture;-)