2011 DCA Prediction Thread

Cleveland more terrible than Detroit!?! I would love to see this judging criteria. Besides, look at this glowing endorsement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

and this one as well

at work and cant look on youtube...

and perhaps my judgement is just a matter of preference...and the fact that I'm a ravens fan, so making fun of cleveland comes with the territory

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. somebody else

2. somebody else

3. somebody else

4. somebody else

5. somebody else

6. somebody else

7. somebody else

8. somebody else

9. somebody else

10. Renegades.

(ok..................vent over)

:guinesssmilie:

and the fact that I'm a ravens fan, so making fun of cleveland comes with the territory

:guinesssmilie::music::hehe::worthy:

1. somebody else

2. somebody else

3. somebody else

4. somebody else

5. somebody else

6. somebody else

7. somebody else

8. somebody else

9. somebody else

10. Renegades.

(ok..................vent over)

:music:

11. Kilties

:guinesssmilie:

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you dont think every corps (especially near the top) takes these things seriously. Speaking for myself only, I already have a cd of next years opener in hand, and I'm sure the winter program will be intense as always. As far as waiting for the end to fill the corps...do you actually think any corps does that by choice? Is there any other corps out there that can tout 6 consecutive titles as a recruiting pitch and demand that people be at frequent winter rehearsals (because if not...someone will easily take their spot?)...no. Most corps take who they can get...and would never dream of turning down someone even if they couldnt make the winter, because they frankly just need bodies. Dont get me wrong...reading has earned the right to do what they do, and success breeds success, but dont act like they've unlocked some magical secret that the other directors in DCA are too thick to figure out. If it were as simple as 'taking these three things seriously', I'm pretty sure the results of the top 5 wouldnt have been the exact same for the past 3 years....

Haha... i see someone took this personal.

Let me clarify

1) I did not say this was a secret. In fact, I think its comical how obvious it is to be successful, yet so few apply the information.

2) I do know that some corps are very relaxed in terms of the winter program. In fact, I was in corps that placed 2nd and 5th (Still the most amazing

experiences ive had) where I saw how many showed up after DCI tour was over. I also remember most of the winter programs were only the brass, and

some very limited percussion. This is not the case with Reading (Where I also marched in 2006). This was the fundamental difference between the corps

I won with, and the corps I did not win with.

3)I also did not say it was "Simple" to do this. Reading did this for years before it yielded a world championship.

The reality is too many corps in DCA are doing the exact same things wrong year after year, but expecting a different result. Those of us who teach in these activities use that very concept with Marching members everyday as an example of what not to do.

I know members and staff of many DCA corps and I know from talking to them that a lot of detail gets left out. No real secret there.

Many corps have the same problems, I just think that the more successful corps have taken the tough road (not always the easiest) and gotten it done.

You dont take members who cant make it, you dont take members who dont pay their dues, you work like crazy at having many different rehearsal sites in case one doesnt pan out etc. Sometimes, your corps is smaller because of this but the long term effect builds it up right, and thats what they have done there.

So anyway, Congrats to all on 2010!

I wish everyone luck next year.

Tony

Edited by TastyWaves