2011 DCA Prediction Thread

Joe, that is awesome!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

I agree with you.... the special effects in the "Sacco and Vanzetti" show could be a bit disturbing. :beer:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe, that is awesome!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

I agree with you.... the special effects in the "Sacco and Vanzetti" show could be a bit disturbing. :beer:

Thanks, Fran....

Yes.......I can see the chairs (they can reuse the one from Phantom of the Opera and only have to build one)...... the members who play Sacco and Venzetti will be the first ES in history to wear head gear (with electric wire sticking up)....and, of course, the crowd gasps when the fire extimguishers "smoke" the chairs......followed by the release of two helium filled black balloons (their souls)......and a stunned silent stadium.

Later, Fran, you can announce that the winner of the Disney Family Entertainmenty Award is NOT ES.

Come to think of it, I may have just given the RENEGADES their 2011 show ....... seriously. FH: "Now on the field playing their 2011 show 'Sacco and Venzetti....the innocent must pay'....The Renagades !"

Regards,

Joe

be nice

Ream had a very pleasant weekend and absolutely was a good boy...

I had a great weekend. I don't think you were in our box ( yes Frank, I said box), so you don't know how good I was or wasn't :beer::beer::beer:

and.....

since none of your ####ers paid up on all of the $1's you owe me, my offseason will be spent searching DCP's archives to compile a list. Minus Frank Ponzo...I owe him, so it just comes off my tab

and on that note, Whoever scores highest wins.

Until anyone else gets serious with:

1) Design

2) The Winter Program

3) Not waiting until the end to fill their corps

The Results will remain the same as they have in the recent past.

Until anyone else gets serious with:

1) Design

2) The Winter Program

3) Not waiting until the end to fill their corps

The Results will remain the same as they have in the recent past.

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you dont think every corps (especially near the top) takes these things seriously. Speaking for myself only, I already have a cd of next years opener in hand, and I'm sure the winter program will be intense as always. As far as waiting for the end to fill the corps...do you actually think any corps does that by choice? Is there any other corps out there that can tout 6 consecutive titles as a recruiting pitch and demand that people be at frequent winter rehearsals (because if not...someone will easily take their spot?)...no. Most corps take who they can get...and would never dream of turning down someone even if they couldnt make the winter, because they frankly just need bodies. Dont get me wrong...reading has earned the right to do what they do, and success breeds success, but dont act like they've unlocked some magical secret that the other directors in DCA are too thick to figure out. If it were as simple as 'taking these three things seriously', I'm pretty sure the results of the top 5 wouldnt have been the exact same for the past 3 years....

Overheard a rumor at Rachaca on Monday that will introduce major chances to the activity for 2011. Kanstul will be introducing a new piston/rotor horn in b flat. It will have 2 rotors & one piston. This will require all horn players to be ambidexterous.

The second major change is that we will seee the demise of "the pit". All DCA corps will be using glockenspiels. Of course, said glockenspiels will be amped.

New t-shirts are being printed as we speak that read "Glocks Rock".

I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag if I report, on good authority, that Reading's show for 2011 will be titled "Cleveland MMXI".

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Wildwood in 2011!

Overheard a rumor at Rachaca on Monday that will introduce major chances to the activity for 2011. Kanstul will be introducing a new piston/rotor horn in b flat. It will have 2 rotors & one piston. This will require all horn players to be ambidexterous.

The second major change is that we will seee the demise of "the pit". All DCA corps will be using glockenspiels. Of course, said glockenspiels will be amped.

New t-shirts are being printed as we speak that read "Glocks Rock".

I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag if I report, on good authority, that Reading's show for 2011 will be titled "Cleveland MMXI".

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Wildwood in 2011!

Of course a great debate broke out over whether it would be Cleveland or DetroitMMXI. Clevelend won on the basis of being slightly more terrible :beer:

Of course a great debate broke out over whether it would be Cleveland or DetroitMMXI. Clevelend won on the basis of being slightly more terrible :guinesssmilie:

Cleveland more terrible than Detroit!?! I would love to see this judging criteria. Besides, look at this glowing endorsement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

and this one as well