Favorite Moments

- Concession Stand's Hot Chocolate on Saturday night. %^&* it was cold!

Yeah I had to partake of the hot chocolate both evenings. Definitely a life saver.

- Yankee Rebel DM in Cab's Alumni show.

- Park City Pride's show. You guys get better every year.

- Ghost Riders show. Just stunning. First tears of the weekend.

- Star's Belshazzar's Feast Friday night. More tears.

- Freelancers Alumni start the stadium in singing missing Canadian national anthem at the Alumni Spectacular. Okay, so that was 2009. It was really cool. :guinesssmilie:

- Grim Reaper and his bell.

- Kidsgrove's tumblers.

- MBI's "switch" from the amp to the pit. Very nice effect.

- The color flags pop at the end of Empire's show! I had never seen Empire's show until Finals night and when the guard popped out with the colored flags... that was it. The tears started flowing.

- Empire's whole show. It was so good.

it is so cool that everyone keeps mentioning Kidsgrove Scouts - both on and off the field... they were winners in every way and took home a huge chunk of OUR drum corps in their hearts. And when I watched the corps unload the buses in organized chaos, travel on "drum corps time", rehearse beyond what should be physically required, and yes complain a bit about this and that... I looked up and said while laughing to myself - YUP! They're a drum corps...

I find it interesting that we're all still drum corps people...

What corps - don't matter

home town - don't matter

home state - don't matter

home country - don't matter

home continent - don't matter

drum corps people are drum corps people the world over. I've had the pleasure of attending a DCUK Championship and now as drum corps grow and flourish in other places - Europe - South Africa - Drum Corps Asia covering Indonesia, Malaysia - mustn't forget Japan and I was told this weekend that there are over 250 drum corps in China - we can only hope that others will follow in the footsteps of Kidsgrove Scouts, Yokohama Inspires and even the Southern Knights from 20 years ago making our championship even more of a true WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP than it is now...

it is so cool that everyone keeps mentioning Kidsgrove Scouts - both on and off the field... they were winners in every way and took home a huge chunk of OUR drum corps in their hearts. And when I watched the corps unload the buses in organized chaos, travel on "drum corps time", rehearse beyond what should be physically required, and yes complain a bit about this and that... I looked up and said while laughing to myself - YUP! They're a drum corps...

I find it interesting that we're all still drum corps people...

What corps - don't matter

home town - don't matter

home state - don't matter

home country - don't matter

home continent - don't matter

drum corps people are drum corps people the world over. I've had the pleasure of attending a DCUK Championship and now as drum corps grow and flourish in other places - Europe - South Africa - Drum Corps Asia covering Indonesia, Malaysia - mustn't forget Japan and I was told this weekend that there are over 250 drum corps in China - we can only hope that others will follow in the footsteps of Kidsgrove Scouts, Yokohama Inspires and even the Southern Knights from 20 years ago making our championship even more of a true WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP than it is now...

Well said Tom!! :guinesssmilie:

For me, it HAD to be the HONOR of playing the Caballeros Alumni on the field on Sunday morning from my luxury suite, and then following it up by playing the Caballeros competing corps on the field at finals on Sunday night from the same place.

I have played the bull call literally thousands of times, but none meant more to me that those 2 calls!!!

and I have pictures of both. :guinesssmilie:

It was a great weekend.

Having my picture taken with Frank Ponzo and Curt Hawkins... PRICELESS :guinesssmilie: (Did I mention I'm a Cabs Fan...?)

Edited by melligene

To sum up a whole season to just two days well..I think this passed weekend...

Not getting the section called out until Sunday.

The non run through.

Beiber's Rookie show.

Silent Assassins Rookie show.

Talking with Kidsgrove...explaining the Port-a-Pete

Absolutely loved retreat. Our Kazoos and Renegades vuvuzelas. Although I really liked that one girls outfit with the glow and the dark stars and planets...and those headbands. They know how to have fun.

The look on Bush's face when the low brass went on the tram car...next year they will join us.

And as always there is no better moment than singing the Corps song as we leave on monday. Enough to bring tears to the eyes and have your heart left on the the bus until next season.

Dear Kidsgrove,

Come back soon! I regret that I havent seen your show more than on youtube.

All in all a great season.

• Like 1

Having my picture taken with Frank Ponzo and Curt Hawkins... PRICELESS :guinesssmilie: (Did I mention I'm a Cabs Fan...?)

I'd like to have a copy of that, if you don't mind!

Send it to me thru facebook!

Thanks Gene......great seeing you this weekend!!!

I'd like to have a copy of that, if you don't mind!

Send it to me thru facebook!

Thanks Gene......great seeing you this weekend!!!

Me too Frank. Must be on Jeff-fa-fa's camera.