Favorite Moments

Since I didn't attend this year for the first time in many years ( That will never happen again), my biggest memory of the weekend was........ The "refresh button"

Since I didn't attend this year for the first time in many years ( That will never happen again), my biggest memory of the weekend was........ The "refresh button"

Mine certainly got a workout too!

There were two comments during prelims that made all the refreshing worth it---

1. One person's comment about the Renegades being much better than their seed score. (Obviously didn't realize that score was from mid-July so of course they would be better!)

2. One person asking where the Brig's were

watching my corps throw down on finals night!

DCP's coverage of Prelims & Finals! Great job Kevin et al!

Preston's honour guard leading out Grenadiers.

The number of corps that carried Canadian flags - Thanks guys!

Empire's entertaining show.

DCP just for being there!

MBI's Kashmir

the HQ bar after prelims

Empire's whole show

Alliance's drum breaks

Kidsgrove's safe tumblers

CV's take on the cadets 2000 brass lick

Ponzo's bull call to the Alumni Corps

The cabs Alumni Corps letting Phil Gentile help lead the color pre

The cabs Alumni Corps

Boston Alumni giving us 2 Conquest's

Fusion's pit

Hurc's pit

Cabs pit

Bucs opening statement

Empire's witch. that's box 6 right there folks.

Bush's preshow/opening

Govies

Sun Devils opening statement

Grennies storm

Gold killing the DCI judge

Ponzo's bull call to the competing corps

the 45 minute wait for a table after finals at the HQ ( ok kidding there)

the sneakers hanging on a wire next to a church

the pillows at the Comfort Suites

the sneakers hanging on a wire next to a church

what is with you and sneakers hanging on a wire?

ya would hate it around here LOL I can open a shoe store with all the pairs of sneakers hanging around :thumbdown:

Like Sayre said, way too many to list/think of.... but here are some, in no particular order:

1) Seeing drum corps vets Walt Street (Buccaneers) and Bill Hoyt (Fusion Core) still getting it done... and winning championships.

2) Fusion Core's staff and supporters having so much fun watching their corps' victory encore. Those guys and gals were having the time of their lives... good for them. And Tex was really workin' that 1970s "Soul Train" look. :lol:

3) Empire Statesmen's entire show. Pure enjoyment. A show anyone could "get" and like.

4) Bucs' Finals performance. And seeing Jerry Ware all nicely dressed in a suit and tie. :tongue:

5) Kidsgrove Scouts. Wow. I mean, WOW!!!!!

6) The show staff..... from Mike Symonds to Tom Peashey to Steve Anderman to Rocky (sorry that I forgot his last name) from the stadium, among many others.... for all the help they provided me. A particular shout-out to Mr. Anderman for his great announcing work at the mini-corps show, Prelims and the Alumni show. Like I said at the start of Finals, he did the heavy lifting over the weekend... I was just the cleanup crew.

7) Getting a chance to hang out with my sister and brother-in-law at Prelims... nice to see and watch shows from the seats for a change of pace... and having an after-show chat/late dinner with my sister while my brother-in-law was outside freezing at Cabs Alumni percussion rehearsal. :thumbdown:

8) Speaking of the Cabs Alumni... their wonderful performance at the Alumni show. Taking nothing away from any other alumni corps.... but the Cabs Alumni are the gold standard of that part of the drum corps activity.

9)Those Red Osier roast-beef sandwiches. Best I have ever tasted. In general, the food at the stadium is a notch or two above the fare at several other stadiums I've been to. :starwars:

10) Alliance's Grim Reaper. Fun to watch... in a "geez, I hope he's not coming for me anytime soon" sort of way. :tongue:

Finally meeting all the guys from Kidsgrove Scouts that I had been chatting with on facebook. What a great group of guys! One of the hi-lites of my weekend was watching the combined drumlines of the Kidsgrove Scouts, Governaires and Kilties play together on the bridge outside the Radisson downtown. I will never forget all the smiles. Thanks guys!

Beiber's Rookie show.

Silent Assassins Rookie show.

section :thumbdown: