Minicorps Recap

For those who weren't aware, DCA is selling DVDs of the mini-corps performances as well as the regular corps.

Isn't there a different thread for the DVD's? :thumbdown:

(I wish there was an emoticon for someone scratching their head)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who weren't aware, DCA is selling DVDs of the mini-corps performances as well as the regular corps.

I think they always did. Use to watch the replays on the T.V. screens under the stands.

I think they always did. Use to watch the replays on the T.V. screens under the stands.

But a lot of people may not be aware of that.

Here is a solution Dick......at 1 or 2 of the DCA sanctioned shows over the summer, have a mini corps portion, have tapes prepared for the mini corps, let the mini corps go into critique so they can get a true evaluation of their show going into championships!!

Couldn't hurt....

Yes! I would think a couple of Mini's could warm-up an audience before the main event. As fun as a 'run what ya brung' one shot deal is, a little earlier feedback cannot help but make the corps better. Plus a few more competition opportunities might get a few more groups interested.

at 1 or 2 of the DCA sanctioned shows over the summer, have a mini corps portion, have tapes prepared for the mini corps, let the mini corps go into critique so they can get a true evaluation of their show going into championships!!

Couldn't hurt....

I would imagine, without knowing for sure, that a given show sponsor would have some say as to whether that could happen or not...but it's a cool idea.

Imagine a Mass Brass/Golden Eagles/Ghost Riders/Thunderbirds (and whoever else) throwdown at a northeastern show!

I would imagine, without knowing for sure, that a given show sponsor would have some say as to whether that could happen or not...but it's a cool idea.

Imagine a Mass Brass/Golden Eagles/Ghost Riders/Thunderbirds (and whoever else) throwdown at a northeastern show!

Fran,

Somehow (probably came out during an 85 hour work week at the airport) I missed the announcement of your induction into Sun's Hall of Fame - congratulations on a long overdue honor to someone who has advanced the cause of drum corps in general and the good name of Sunrisers more specifically.

Although I still think of your french horn as a weapon of mass destruction (at least when paired with Stan's) you know I remain a huge fan of everything except perhaps your view of haute couteur.

As to the Minis - I would love to see them throw down at the Buglers Hall of Fame shows over the winter. I saw Mass Brass in Dorchester and they were splendid. Caught Frank and the Golden Eagles at Bridgeport and they were scintillating. I'd just like to see some of that head to head, mano a mano, blood-thirsty, kill or get over it combat once again.

I'm sure that expense is the barrier but with the Harrisburg show disappearing, the Coliseums will need some entertainment for the masses. I am holding one meaty thumb up for this battle.

Yes! I would think a couple of Mini's could warm-up an audience before the main event. As fun as a 'run what ya brung' one shot deal is, a little earlier feedback cannot help but make the corps better. Plus a few more competition opportunities might get a few more groups interested.

We have a winner folks.......someone who "gets it"! :dontgetit: