DCA Improvements

Actually watching what we just did on the Jumbotron as we marched off was fun and put a smile on my face.

I was referring to the previous night's performance being played as corps marched onto the field for their finals performance..just seemed slightly underwhelming for someone who might not have seen their show yet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoyed playing off the field finals night... Just a bit of fun, pride and more entertainment for the crowd.. Plus, provided a warm up for the parking lot concert! In 03, we turned and left the field... Not sure if that's how it's been since, but frankly I think it sucks!

Haha, there was a reason for that in '03!

Re: Jumbotron

The man's name is Mike Symonds former drum major of the Brigadiers, Ohio Brass factory and others... and he is VERY good at what he does and has a shelf of emmy awards to back that up... we are most fortunate to have him on board...

Re: Papa John's Updates

Oh yeah... someone who even thanked Joey by name... he did a fantastic job this year... and of course thanks to Papa John's and Zebb's Grill for their financial support of his efforts.

Always nice to have a professional in his field contributing to the drum corps experience, especially someone with marching and performance skills.

Thank you Mike Symonds!

Also, the effort to go back after the night is over, write up re-caps, input scores and edit those update handouts meant burning the midnight oil, I am sure.

Thanks again Joey!!!

:dontgetit:

I was referring to the previous night's performance being played as corps marched onto the field for their finals performance..just seemed slightly underwhelming for someone who might not have seen their show yet

Those Finals clips were a lot shorter than the ones shown during Prelims.

Those Finals clips were a lot shorter than the ones shown during Prelims.

Fran - you may not appear on a Jumbo tron.

Armageddon.

Fran - you may not appear on a Jumbo tron.

Armageddon.

Good point.

Even though I'm not in that business anymore, I truly have a face made for radio. :blink:

It was kinda cool marching off the field, and watching what we had just completed, being replayed on the jumbotron, brought tears to my eyes!

As a marching member, I always absolutely hated retreat (sounds like I'm in the minority though). Anything to make it shorter is always welcome in my eyes. Lining up took forever, marching on took forever, all the pre-score announcements took forever, scores went quick, everyone marching off took forever. After I performed the show, I just wanted to be done. So I'm a big fan of both the new retreat format, and the jumbotron improvements.

but if we didn't have that and so much other filler after the last performance ended, could we not have a full retreat? Wouldn't members rather show off their pride and spirit than cheer for themselves on a video screen?

I'm sure they would, or at least those members of corps who's images MADE it to the video screen.

I'm talking about, of course, the video montage shown after the performances as a prelude to scores and placement that had at LEAST images of all the Open Class finalists EXCEPT the Renegades.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we were deliberately excluded, or someone's "sending us a message" or anything quite as ludicrous as that, but we were overlooked and I find that quite unfortunate.

Like that scene in Goodfellas when Spider forgets to bring Pesci's character his drink and Pesci's, like, "What am I, a mirage??"

Upsetting. NOT deliberate. Just upsetting.