What Characteristics......

I would submit Bill Marshall of Steel City Ambassadors, as one who deserves recognition. His conducting skills and his abilty to motivate the corps

in spite of a couple of difficult seasons, come to mind. For those who were not there to see first hand, the years were 1986 and 1987.

I wouldn't call either year "difficult" until the very last weekend of the season. Otherwise, I agree to an extent on Billy, but more from his 27 days than from the podium of Steel City. Great guy.

In addition to all the qualities listed previously and maybe duplicated, but a good drum major eliminates all doubt about what is happening and what is supposed to happen next, which instills confidence in the corps.

And there you have it. Brief...but on point Mike.

Personable on and off the podium, commanding on the podium, knowledgeable of the music, and an all around great guy....

Tom Willms!!! :spitting:

Edited by FPonzo

What Tom Moore said earlier... leadership, on and off the podium.

And in DCA, I think personality/ability to interact with the audience is important, too.