2011 Shows

OK...here's the idea:

Alliance brings back the Grim Reaper and the bell for 2011.

At the start of the corps' show, the Cadets' Little Geoffrey character from 2010 emerges, twirling a rifle or whatever.

The Grim Reaper rings the bell.... Little Geoffrey keels over and is dragged off the field.

Closure. :thumbup:

Man am I glad I wasn't drinking anything while reading this Fran. I would be buying a new lap top if I had been drinking anything. That was hysterical. Talk about good GE. :smile:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Anything that isn't "an original composition by...."

2) A whole program of "50's & 60's pop tunes (there are some great ones)

3) A whole program of movie themes (another plethora of great stuff available)

Dare I say the word "March?" There is a plethora, (If I can use your word,) of wonderful concert marches available that, God forbid, are not military :rolleyes: . And BTW what would be wrong with something from the military? The Marines have been exciting crowds with it since for ever. Their are also many pieces of operatic literature available that would be outstanding in a drum corps setting. :cool:

I was bored this afternoon and spent a couple hours on the Fan Network on the DCI website just listening to whatever crossed my mind, when I came across the Madison Scouts 1997 program, "Pirates of Lake Mendota". The whole pirate theme and the music made me think that this program could be really awesome if Reading were to attempt it.

I was bored this afternoon and spent a couple hours on the Fan Network on the DCI website just listening to whatever crossed my mind, when I came across the Madison Scouts 1997 program, "Pirates of Lake Mendota". The whole pirate theme and the music made me think that this program could be really awesome if Reading were to attempt it.

Reading did a pirate-themed show in 2003.

Reading did a pirate-themed show in 2003.

Don't remember that one...that's why we need a "Fan Network" for DCA!!!!

I still would love to see an Avenue Q show (I know too pricey for the rights) But can you imagine when they announce the pieces played in the show? Priceless!!

An interesting show idea would be songs from World of Warcraft... A friend of mine sent me some of the songs... Instantly though Alliance! (Not sure where the bell and grim reaper would fit though!)

I know it's been done many times... But I'd still like to see another Phantom show done!!

It would be great to hear another Statesmen show with a big band theme such as the ones in 95/96... My fav's!

No imagination here, but if Cabs could do a complete repeat of 95's show, I'd be happy :P

Oh and just for the hell of it... A show of national anthems... O Canada followed by the British anthem and of course closed by the star spangled banner... with massive flags going over the condensed block at the end of the show!

I'd love to see the Bucs do an entire show around parts of the score from "Victory at Sea." It would be THEIR music from the first note.

Also Bush do something like their "Inferno" show of early 2000s

Sky competition corps do anything.

Ditto Brigs and Rochester

MBI bring back "Moondancing"

ES do anything "Statesman Style."

Hurcs bring back the Durrante music....in fact.....use most of Park City Pride's stuff.

Renegades do "The Sound of Music" (Sky Ryders style)......just 'cause they CAN.

CV do the 1980 Spirit of Atlanta trio of songs.

And the Cabs do a Cuban show.............."Gitmo"......Renegades style.

That would pretty much make me happy.....especially the Victory at Sea show for the Bucs

JoeDz in NJ

I'd love to see the Bucs do an entire show around parts of the score from "Victory at Sea." It would be THEIR music from the first note.

MBI bring back "Moondancing"

That would pretty much make me happy.....especially the Victory at Sea show for the Bucs

JoeDz in NJ

When I was just starting in drum corps in the early seventies with a small corps from Northern Michigan, our Off The Line was from Victory At Sea. I can very much see the Buc's doing this music. And, 2004 was my first year with MBI and I couldn't agree more about Moondancing. Loved that show and still watch it a lot to this day. I always get a big kick out of Roger "saying hello" to the judge just before his final solo. But please, no more Moon Tarp!