Is it time for Dan Farrell to leave Regiment?

and # 9 one year prior.

So far in this thread, you haven't been willing to give props for a top-six finish and a World Championship win.

Yes, the corps was 9th last year, but it was also 6th the following year and 1st the year prior.

Like I said; this is a tough room.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far in this thread, you haven't been willing to give props for a top-six finish and a World Championship win.

Yes, the corps was 9th last year, but it was also 6th the following year and 1st the year prior.

The issue isn't just the placements.

I KNOW I will get attacked for this. I have made it a point to keep this to myself up to this point, but since someone brought it up...

I think the problem is JD Shaw. From what I have been told by current and recent members, he is not really a team player. To him it is his way or the highway.

From what I understand, JD ultimately pushed Rennick out. Whenever the two were head to head with different opinions, JD always won. Perhaps because JD actually marched Regiment? I'm not sure. If I had to side with one of them, I would go with Rennick, but apparently JD pushed around his weight (...maybe literally, haha) to get what he wanted. Add this to the fact that JD has a history of "less-than-gentlemen-like" actions around people, and it's easy to see that I'm not his biggest fan.

I've been told he pushed Rennick out. Perhaps he pushed Rosander out, as well. Maybe even Scotella.

Of course, Farrell might be backing up JD throughout all of this. I'm not connected to the organization, so I can't say for sure.

I will say this. I don't like JD's arrangements. I don't like Phantom's brass sound. I don't like Phantom's show design. I HATE the way they look when they march (this is the Emmert brothers' fault).

If I were Rick Valenzuela, I would clean house. They will already have a new Percussion Head, new Drill Designer, and a recently acquired Guard Head. Get a new Brass Arranger, Visual Coordinator, and Program Designer and start your return to the top!

I say this again: I fully expect to get attacked for this. I'm not attacking Phantom in any way. I'm just telling everyone else what I've been told from very reliable sources.

Edited by Room_101

The issue isn't just the placements.

But the OP's comments make it sound as if that is the issue, at least as far as this thread was conceived. (Boldface mine.)

Let's face it, he hasn't really come up with any winners design-wise and from what we here he is overbearing and won't let the people who are hired do their jobs as they see fit. The last statement I find to be most prominent in the visual captions. I'd like to see some new blood and fresh faces running the design portion of Regiment. I feel he is holding back the corps. What is your take on it?
and # 9 one year prior.

Let's face it, he hasn't really come up with any winners design-wise and from what we here he is overbearing and won't let the people who are hired do their jobs as they see fit. The last statement I find to be most prominent in the visual captions. I'd like to see some new blood and fresh faces running the design portion of Regiment. I feel he is holding back the corps. What is your take on it?
But the OP's comments make it sound as if that is the issue, at least as far as this thread was conceived. (Boldface mine.)

So you just ignored the rest of the post's propositions to make your point the only reason?

Edited by chaos001

First off Boo I never mentioned placement, you did. So my talking about 9th place was in response to you talking about their 6th place. And honestly, 6th place? Sorry but I want a Regiment that strives and acheives higher than that. If BD got 6th next year people would be shocked. That's what I want for Regiment. I want design to be part of Regiments identity like it was in the late 80's early 90's - it seems like no big names want to come to regiment anymore, Scotella, the previous guard caption head and now the perc caption head are all second rate. Regiment needs some big named to shake things up but people seem unwilling to work there. And in regards to JDs brass sound, who was the caption head in 2000? Favorite sounding Regiment line.

Just thought it worthy of pointing out, had it not been for their drum score (and along with that, rennick, who is not returning) being way, way above the average of the rest of the corps they likely wouldve finished 8th this year.

Edited by AlexL

Just thought it worthy of pointing out, had it not been for their drum score (and along with that, rennick, who is not returning) being way, way above the average of the rest of the corps they likely wouldve finished 8th this year.

this is incorrect information.

refer to previous threads.

I will always love Phantom but I have to say the unprofessional behavior in the way the handled the Rennick departure has left a bad taste in my mouth. The lack of any acknowledgement about Pauls accomplishments shows immaturity and boarderline vindicative behavior.

The is about a Phamily member. Last time I looked they were called the Phantom Regiment and not the Farrell Freelancers.

IMO alumni should work together and demand Farrell and the rest them do the right thing.

I can't believe Dr. Dan would go along with how this was handled.