Why is DCI so unknown by almost everyone?

And in the past, the band programs were bigger, and there were fewer entertainment options for them to explore other than drum corps. In addition, there was a time when kids focused on band. Now, they want to do everything extracurricular.

And we mention how it's tougher financially to take a family to a show these days. But yet I can buy a guitar at Toys R Us and build a recording studio in my bedroom very cheaply with the capacity to outperform the pro's studio 20 years ago.

We're in a different world now. So many more options, so much more technology, and fewer people in the education programs to spread out to those options.

true all. but isnt is possible concerns over lack of entertainment has hurt? I mean I'm not a big reality tv guy, I find shows like Idol, Got Talent at all horrible, but millions love it. Maybe we need to be a little more entertaining

I didn't say it was "high" art. High art is subjective, IMHO.

But, I did enjoy my nap durning the opera.

I didn't say you said it was high art. I was commenting on what your friend said. It's good music, don't get me wrong. Not my style, but that's fine.

well, it's more like death by BD10 to me :tongue:

Exactly. Wagner is Nascar to me.

Exactly. Wagner is Nascar to me.

But with more teeth. :tongue:

One example that is still disturbing me today was one guy (who I'm now on REALLY bad terms with after this event) who I was talking to. I forget what the original conversation was about, but somehow I mentioned drum corps and he said that drum corps and marching band sucked. I calmly said that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and he responded "No, it just sucks. Everyone thinks so and nobody likes you because you like it."

Hey, you know what else sucks? Work. But millions go to work. So what? Stop caring what other people think. Things will get better for you.