• Baritone
    • Euphonium
    • Contra / Tuba

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for contra and French Horn.

brbeathwise , i would have to vote for the contra  ... technically speaking and playing, id have to say f horn

While I haven't marched them all, I've played them all except for contra and picc trumpet, and I must say that f horn was the most difficult - lotsa different intervals, plus it's a different key.

Depends if you're talking single or double horn?? I started on single, and was forced to double in high school, its a little strange actually using your thumb for a key, but once you're used to it, its pretty easy. I had an easier time learning FH than mello and trumpet.

what about a triplet horn  :p

Depends if you're talking single or double horn?? I started on single, and was forced to double in high school, its a little strange actually using your thumb for a key, but once you're used to it, its pretty easy. I had an easier time learning FH than mello and trumpet.

what about a triplet horn  :P

I've never seen a triple horn, let alone played one...

I'd like to try it once.  Although it's pretty safe to say that my F. Horn skills have left me...

*sigh*

I have seen a triple horn. Interesting creatures.

I know marching french horn is hard but nothing is harder than contra. Having to haul your butt around at 200 bpm, AND putting a ton of air through the horn. That sure aint easy! I know as a baritone player, it's hard enough. I could imagine what it would be like to do that and play contra. Ouch.

This is so easy why poll...

The hardest instrument to play MUST be the Contra. There are always a plethera of other people (esp. sops) but a corps can never find enough talented Contra players. I truly believe if the talent and availability were there, Div I corps would consistantly march 12 contras (or possibly more) instead of 10 (or sometimes 9, like SCV last year, and several other corps).