Corps Meal

Right before DCI week, we got done with a show and we got back from field, and went to the food truck and it was turkey dinner with all the fixings. :worthy:

We are glad you enjoyed it. Giving you the theme nights is a joy for us as well. You never knew what to expect when you returned to the food truck did you? :smile:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me and me only the greatest innovation in our activity is the food truck and how well the young people are fed at their camps and on the road. They no longer have to worry where their next meal is going to come from. They no longer have to learn the art of dine and ditch. :laughing:

When I marched with the Glassmen from 74-76 our dues were $75.00 a year plus $1.00 a rehearsal for instructors. We practiced 3 times a week. Many of us did not have a lot of money and there were at least 5 family's that had two or more siblings marching at the same time. Believe it or not, many of us could not pay the $75.00 dues. One family who had 3 siblings marching donated a hog in lieu of dues.

If you ask the Glassmen Alum from the 1986 drum line they will tell you the best food they ever ate was the pizza they had delivered to them on the field at retreat. They tried to share with the drum lines around them.

We are celebrating our 50th this year. And these are just 2 of the many stories that make us the Glassmen Family.

Dean

It was always Domino's. We were always right next to them in retreat.

Having marched BITD - we had no food trucks, they did serve us breakfast which was usually cereal & juice in the school hallway. Lunch and dinner were out at restaurants - McDonalds, Mr. B's (long story), some buffet place if we were lucky and had enough $$$. Some kids just brought a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter.

In 1976 when we won Class A US Open, they took us to a GREAT pizza place in Marion Ohio after the show. This was a special night so the staff let those of us who were of age (18 at the time) order beer.

We had a lead soprano who was a BIG GUY - Jim Jenkerson (or 'Jenkie"). He ordered a large pizza (22" - I still remember it) and a pitcher of beer.....and no one dared get near him as he polished it all off by himself!

That is a night I will never forget. Not just the meal, but because of the way we won, we knew we would win DCI Class A the next week.

Are we talking about the same Dave Tippett?

http://www.davidtippett.com/

Dean

Yep, that's him. My claims to fame with him were we became good buddies that year and despite his feeble attempts I drank him under the table several times!