The "I'm not leaving the activity" thread

I, along with all those whom I hope join me here, publicly announce that I'm not leaving the drum corps activity. I've thought long and hard about this action and have determined this is the only recourse I've got. I suspect some won't understand why I can't and won't leave, but it's a personal decision taken after much consideration and soul searching.

I can't leave because drum corps isn't providing me with the reasons I need to leave. For years now, drum corps has been following a trajectory that I simply can abide with, and over time, that's affected how I enjoy the activity. It seems that corps staffs don't care about giving me something I can hate, and if they don't care that I love drum corps, then there's nothing more I can do but stay.

Please join me in expressing your love for drum corps, even if there are things going on you don't particularly like. If the powers that be see that we're not leaving despite not agreeing with everything going on, perhaps they'll take notice and give us shows that are even more entertaining just to play with our minds.

I trust there are others out there are willing to express their staying involved with the activity. I know I'm not the only one who is staying. It's time for us all to stand up and declare we're not going anywhere, no matter what others may do to try to entertain us.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stand with you! I am completely not finished with drum corps and DCI, and I will not avoid going to shows and supporting the corps that I love!

I learned about the activity back when I was in high school and I knew a few people who marched Magic of Orlando. Fell in love with SCV, then Cavaliers, then Phantom, then Star of Indiana (Roman Images), and on and on. I love the creativity, the competitive spirit, the musical variety, and the art of it all. It just gets better every year! I will continue to support DCI and the corps comprising the organization by donating, attending shows and going to the theaters as long as I am able to!

I will pay 9 dollars for a hamburger at Finals, and spend my children's "Santa" money on DCI Finals trips! I will continue to read DCP despite having to sift through the countless garbled mess on here.

YAY DCI!

I guess I can be in this club, but I'm down to one or two of my own last staws. We'll see if drum corps can ward off the evil woodwinds or not.