Movie Themes in DCI

I just think that " Rocky Horror Picture Show " presents lots of intriguing possibilities for creative Visual and Guard design by some modern DCI Corps show designer willing to fully express their imaginative instincts. There's lots to work with in this film, musically, visually, costume wise, theme wise, drums, brass, make up, props, flags, marching, etc .

and imagine...no SCV yell here...but slut, ########, and all your favorite lines from the theater

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's something from WGI that shows how hard it may be to get copyright for some of this stuff:

https://www.wgi.org/contents/Additional-Req...ments-List.html

and imagine...no SCV yell here...but slut, ########, and all your favorite lines from the theater

I would vomit.

When I think of one of my favorite superheros, Batman, I think of Blue Devils.

I'm talking about some of the old music from years ago.....any jazz material from Batman would be the true BD show.

For music like The Dark Knight, just give it to Phantom Regiment.

Saw the movie; have the album; 9th 2nd movement was my selection for high school solo synchronized swimming competition. I won first place!

WARNING - TASTELESS SHOW IDEA BELOW

A Clockwork Orange gives me another idea - a 'Walter becomes Wendy' show - heavy on synthesizer. Plus, could include Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut" as the emotional highlight of the show...

WARNING - TASTELESS SHOW IDEA BELOW

A Clockwork Orange gives me another idea - a 'Walter becomes Wendy' show - heavy on synthesizer. Plus, could include Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut" as the emotional highlight of the show...

A guy walks into a door, what's her name from Cadets steps out!

Then Alex and his droogs perform a little of the old ultraviolence on the weepy young devotchka, wrapping their rookers round her rot, o my brothers.

Horrorshow.

(Done to "Singin' in the Rain," of course.)

StarTrek2009, I didn't think that it was so obvious that they would translate well to the field.

I think Star Trek 2009 can do well for a field show

:laughing:

A guy walks into a door, what's her name from Cadets steps out!

Then Alex and his droogs perform a little of the old ultraviolence on the weepy young devotchka, wrapping their rookers round her rot, o my brothers.

Horrorshow.

(Done to "Singin' in the Rain," of course.)

And Geoffrey as Billy Boy

Hoppy as Mr Deltoid

preshow at the Korvoa Molkbar.

But to add some of my own thoughts that I've posted in the past and have not been done

Pandora's Box by Alan Silvestri from Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life. This just has to be done. It has emotional ballad written all over it.

Raptors/Stand Together by James Newton Howard from Disneys Dinosaur (the whole soundtrack is great imo) Boston, Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Scouts or Academy I think

Alien vs Predator Main Theme by Harold Kloser. Definitely a Cavaliers or Bluecoats type deal.

I know this is a film soundtrack thing but something that was surprisingly shocking to me was the soundtrack from a recently released video game, Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty. The entire soundtrack (save for a few seconds here and there) sounds like it was written for a movie and has movie like qualities to it. I think they should totally turn this game series into a movie series but that's not for this discussion board. Anyways, here are a few of the tracks.

Wings of Liberty

Escape from Mar Sara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrn3uZH6WYo

Card to Play

Fire and Fury

The Showdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0oljKdWoUs

Hope you enjoy! Listen for a while on the Star Craft stuff, it takes a while to get to the parts that would be good for a show I think.

Spirit played quite a lot of Glory in 1991. Worked well.

YES! I found that.. now that I think about it, I could add Cadets , or even Phantom to potential performers.

Excellent show from 91 Spirit.......

Gettysburg would really fit nicely

Agreed.

a slight diversion off topic... but did I just hear the "Poet & Peasant Overture" on "the Amazing Race" ... during the dog sledding part?

I played that overture in The Guardsmen... :laughing:

..and I played it with Impulse in 2009!

..starting at 7:30.

Good times.

This has been a great thread. I went and listened to most of the scores listed, and as a result added several entries to my webpage "Great Music that No Drumcorps has Ever Done"

You should probably take Dream Theater "In The Presence of Enemies" off there. Teal Sound played that this past season.