Alumni Corps, Plymouth or Rochester?

With Plymouth only weeks away I was wondering which event had more clout/meaning to the participating Alumni Corps. Is it Plymouth or the DCA event in Rochester? I realize both are non-competitive but which stirs the juices more? Or is there another one out there that trumps both?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me DCA weekend. I could care less about Plymouth quite honestly.

For me DCA weekend. I could care less about Plymouth quite honestly.

Its ALWAYS a pleasure to watch these Alumni corps no matter where they are or what time of the year it is.

Early season DCA the Alumni groups are so much further ahead of the DCA corps in terms or polish. DCA corps are still getting their feet moving, the drill on the filed and the music under their fingers. IN many cases they are just painful to watch and listen too. But not so much on the Alumni side of things. These groups are playing charts they have had under their fingers for a while now and because they play year in and year out with some consistency of membership they are usually very entertaining.

Its ALWAYS a pleasure to watch these Alumni corps no matter where they are or what time of the year it is.

Early season DCA the Alumni groups are so much further ahead of the DCA corps in terms or polish. DCA corps are still getting their feet moving, the drill on the filed and the music under their fingers. IN many cases they are just painful to watch and listen too. But not so much on the Alumni side of things. These groups are playing charts they have had under their fingers for a while now and because they play year in and year out with some consistency of membership they are usually very entertaining.

"Always Entertaining":

Indeed they are. :smile: I can't think on one instance where/when any of the "Senior Statesmen" of the activity did NOT entertain, or were "Incomplete" this season past.

Most of the DCA shows we saw in 2010 had MORE "Alumni" corps performing than they had actual corps in competition....

Elphaba

Most of the DCA shows we saw in 2010 had MORE "Alumni" corps performing than they had actual corps in competition....

Elphaba

We are defiantly starting to see a trend there. As more DCA corps drop off the map,,the more alumni groups that will be coming forward.

With Plymouth only weeks away I was wondering which event had more clout/meaning to the participating Alumni Corps. Is it Plymouth or the DCA event in Rochester? I realize both are non-competitive but which stirs the juices more? Or is there another one out there that trumps both?

I've performed at DCA in both a competing Corps and an Alumni Corps. But this will be my first experience marching in the Plymouth Parade and performing at the Plymouth show so I'll have to reserve comments until after the Nov. 19th weekend. This I can tell you. Bridgemen are very excited about this show and I think I can speak for most of us when I say that.

HYPE!!!!

You go have fun Mike. :worthy:

And again I'm happy for re-retirement. :smile:

some people like both. some people like one or the other. as long as enough people like both, bonus

Hard question to answer......................... because time & $$$ is

limited there are a lot of corps that have never appeared in both.

For me it's Plymouth.

Hard question to answer......................... because time & $$$ is

limited there are a lot of corps that have never appeared in both.

For me it's Plymouth.

Playing outside in September is much warmer than playing at the parade in Plymouth. More corps appearing at Plymouth for the first time the past few years which is nice.

Years ago it was quite amusing to watch the Kilties heading to rehearsal off the main hall at Plymouth with several cases of Bud on their shoulders.