Skyliners and Dreamgirls

Hi Ray..

1983 & 1984 - I'm Not Going

Arrangements by Hy Dreitzer.

Solo work by George Sidemouth Richardson, John Girardi, and Bobby Burke

Slight correction.... The solo work in" I'm Not Going was Sidemouth and John Girardi

The trio of Sidemouth, Girardi and Burke was during RainMaker with George taking the solo in the middle....

Jim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that we can get this straight the official name of the piece is "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" a torch song from the Broadway musical Dreamgirls, with lyrics by Tom Eyen and music by Henry Krieger

So that we can get this straight the official name of the piece is "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" a torch song from the Broadway musical Dreamgirls, with lyrics by Tom Eyen and music by Henry Krieger

Thanks ,Frank.. You beat me to it......

The Skyliner Alumni Corps played "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" In 2002, 2003, 2004

with John and Sidemouth as the soloists.....

Hope all is well.. We will see you on Sunday at the Open House.????

Jim

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there, the Brassmen are having their Open House as well this Sunday

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there, the Brassmen are having their Open House as well this Sunday

Ok Frank...... Hope all goes terrific with the Brassmen Open House.. Say hi to the folks for me......

Hi Ray..

1983 & 1984 - I'm Not Going

Arrangements by Hy Dreitzer.

Solo work by George Sidemouth Richardson, John Girardi, and Bobby Burke

Slight correction.... The solo work in" I'm Not Going was Sidemouth and John Girardi

The trio of Sidemouth, Girardi and Burke was during RainMaker with George taking the solo in the middle....

Jim

Jimmy,

You are right on the money and my memory is shot! I spent most of 1983 baby-sitting my son Raymond on the Sky side-line. Great horn-line, plus a chance to hang out and talk to Hy more than any time since I was a kid.

The Skyliner Alumni Corps played "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" In 2002, 2003, 2004

with John and Sidemouth as the soloists.....

Jim,

Sidemouth wasn't with us in those years.

John G played his original lower split part and Grass played Georgie's upper split.

The couple of times John G couldn't make it, I filled in and played the lower split along with Grass.

I never had more fun :tongue:

Darth

I LOVE the Dream Girls soundtrack.

I LOVE the Dream Girls soundtrack.

yeah some really good stuff on there I wish more corps had explored

Jim,

Sidemouth wasn't with us in those years.

John G played his original lower split part and Grass played Georgie's upper split.

The couple of times John G couldn't make it, I filled in and played the lower split along with Grass.

I never had more fun :tongue:

Darth

Hey Darth.. Like I should have know that.... Duh......considering I was there playing with you all...Next time I'll watch the tape/DVD before answering on the Alumni LOL......

Haven't been through the Alumni Solists yet Still working on the Field Corps from 97-up to 2006

Then will start on the Alumni Corps....... Hopefully will be easier than doing from 1945-through 2006 for the field corps.

Now don't we all roll our eyes .........Thanks for the above Info...... I'll add to the grouping............

Hope all went well after I left yesterday................PM.. Me.................

Jim