Say something nice about a 2010 corps/show

While I tend to favor a certain corps from Hawthorne, I loved the whole DCA experience this year. All the corps that I got to see performed very well, made some great friends from everywhere, enjoyed Dinosaur BBQ, got to see former students from my LI Grenadier instruction days, and just had a great time with my Caballeros. It was thrilling watching my son march his first DCA with Cabs and I can't wait to see all the great corps again next year. Congrats to my friends and colleagues with the Buccaneers and Fusion Core on their championship wins and I loved meeting all the great folks from across the pond with Kidsgrove Scouts. A wonderful time to all. A+ weekend! Oh and the mini corps.....wow, wow, wow! Congrats to Star United, and I gotta say, I saw some amazing performances. Do it up in 2011!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you didn't make it to Rochester this year,............ :tongue:

No but had one in 07.

To those coming to DCA for the first time in Class A....thank you for your wonderful performances and hopefully this is the start of something great for all of you.

As for those who didn't make the Sunday show Class A -True, they could only take 4 of us. But from what I saw, it was certainly entertaining this year for the folks in the crowd, and one of the best competitively in awhile Great year for the division.

Lastly, congratulations to those who made Finals and especially Fusion Core for taking home the championship. Great shows all around.

Didn't get to as many shows as in 09, but of the folks I saw:

Bush-Cool show, stunning entrance, innovation. I loved this year's show almost as much as the Gypsy stuff (which I adore!) 2 years ago.

Bucs-Looks like the champs, sounds like the champs, marches like the champs. Particularly admire the OTL.

Cabs-Beautiful brass and love the battery's aggression. Underrated this year

Hurcs-I am a drummer, but still watch the guard more. Awesome book. Well, the tenors are wicked good-rockin the land. Best cadence too (besides Cabs Alumni!)

Corps Vets-Big corps time! This year's show reached new levels-can't wait until 2011

Statesmen-I saw you destroy the crowd in Hornell. Everyone from little kids to old timers was entranced.

Fusion-Maybe DCA's best brass section? Big time props to the battery for stepping up and the guard too. Congrats!

White Sabers-Small corps with attitude. I like how they are so determined- a few brass away from being in the mix

PAL Buccaneers-These kids have guts and remind me of where drum corps came from-our roots

Cabs Alumni-You win every show-the most funky percussion section ever, ah and the brass... and the brass...

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

To those coming to DCA for the first time in Class A....thank you for your wonderful performances and hopefully this is the start of something great for all of you.

As for those who didn't make the Sunday show Class A -True, they could only take 4 of us. But from what I saw, it was certainly entertaining this year for the folks in the crowd, and one of the best competitively in awhile Great year for the division.

Lastly, congratulations to those who made Finals and especially Fusion Core for taking home the championship. Great shows all around.

You the Man! :tongue: Class A was the greatest untold story this year!

You the Man! :tongue: Class A was the greatest untold story this year!

As it is most years.

You have a very nice drum corps.

:sleeping:

You have a very nice drum corps.

:thumbup:

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Statesmen were perhaps the best third place corps in the history of DCA.

And I think that the Renegades were the best tenth place corps in the history of DCA.

Before anyone takes that statement the wrong way, let me explain:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the overall programming/execution/entertainment level of the DCA corps this year seems to be on a whole new, higher level than last year. Anyone else notice that?

Ordinarily I would be bummed about 10th, but having seen all the other corps from 2010 I really can't be bummed. EVERYONE had a great, quality, entertaining and CLEAN show this year.

I certainly hope this upwards swing of quality in DCA performances keeps taking steps upwards and forwards. Looking forward to 2011.

P.S. My Favorite show outside of SF Renegades this year: Statesmen. Hands down.