Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

They still have awesome shows. More so than crown.

Really?? Come on people. Why the need to bash on corps on their own thread? Okay, you don't like Crown. We get it. :thumbdown:

• Like 4

Got my first chance to see the show tonight. This is a very fan friendly production. I think this production has a ton of potential. The guard is stronger this year, as is the drumline. Hornline is strong as usual and does not have a "top heavy" sound. After watching the corps rehearse over the past couple of weeks, I would say the preview performance was a little flat. I think there were some technical difficulties out of the gate with the pre-show. The pit amplification was a little off and the pre-recorded stuff was almost inaudible. I am sure that the production I saw tonight will evolve over the coming weeks into a crowd favorite.

Yeah their line last year was probably the strongest sounding line out there. Not the cleanest, but their book is so demanding. Lee Beddis is an incredible writer and his books are really timing intense. Their line last year played with so much sack. This year can only be better with a rock themed show. Calling top 3 for Crown. With the other two being SCV and Coats.

I said the same thing about cavaliers.. but then i saw their 2009 show. :doh:

The show was not the problem in 2009. It was how it was played.

Did they fit all the trusses on the busses?:tongue:

• Like 1