2011 DCA Repertoire

Spandy

Shenandoah Sound Drum & Bugle Corps is pleased to announce its 2011 field show: "Crazy for You" featuring the music of George Gershwin.

Selections for this year's show include "I Got Rhythm," "Embraceable You," "Slap That Bass," "They Can't Take That Away from Me," and "Someone to Watch Over Me."

The show was revealed to the corps' members at Shenandoah Sound's open house in Janurary 9 where the members read the opener, "I Got Rhythm."

The next rehearsal for Virginia's only drum corps is Janurary 23 from 10-5 at Manassas Park High School.

For a complete schedule of events, please see the BRAND NEW www.ShenandoahSound.org

GREAT tunes!

MBI and Cabs seem to be holding things close to the vest. Two weeks after their first camp and still no word? Was it just playing scales and warm-ups? Inquiring minds want to know! :whistle:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

MBI and Cabs seem to be holding things close to the vest. Two weeks after their first camp and still no word? Was it just playing scales and warm-ups? Inquiring minds want to know! :whistle:

All I've heard publicly from MBI is that they have commissioned an original work as part of their show, but I don't know who's writing it

All I've heard publicly from MBI is that they have commissioned an original work as part of their show, but I don't know who's writing it

Perhaps two original pieces. The show title has been announced to members/alumni. Very appropos to a corps from Minnesota I think. :tongue: I'm getting the impression they are finishing off the logo and "look" before making an official announcement.

Perhaps two original pieces. The show title has been announced to members/alumni. Very appropos to a corps from Minnesota I think. :tongue: I'm getting the impression they are finishing off the logo and "look" before making an official announcement.

Yeah I heard the title from a friend, I'm excited to hear the music :thumbup:

I will say that we have had new show music at each camp so far and it sounds amazing!

Other than that I will leave it to those who are "of a higher power" :worthy:

• 2 weeks later...

JimF: Thanks for the spellcheck, I changed it in the OP for you :satisfied:

Dude.. Spandy... You've played "Freebird" how many times and you still can't spell the artist?

• Like 1

Shenandoah Sound - GREAT tunes!

Thanks Gary! We finished "I've Got Rhythm" It is a great opener and the arrangement is top notch.

Edited by Shenandoah Vibrato