Why move the Annapolis show in 2011?

Tour of Champions Venue  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What would have been the better venue?

• Annapolis, MD
    • Piscataway, NJ

I am actually quite upset over the move. As a resident of Maryland I rarely get the opportunity to see live drum corps for no major tour stop stop comes by our way. I hope this changes soon because there is a wealth of DCI fans living in the area who feel as if they never get to experience live drum corps because of the way tour destinations work out.

So why was the show moved? Will we see a "DCA 2012 moved to...." thread next?

that contract is signed sealed and delivered. Plus Navy's football team will be overseas I think

I am actually quite upset over the move. As a resident of Maryland I rarely get the opportunity to see live drum corps for no major tour stop stop comes by our way. I hope this changes soon because there is a wealth of DCI fans living in the area who feel as if they never get to experience live drum corps because of the way tour destinations work out.

I hear a lot of friends down there complaining nothing is down there anymore

if you go to both nights at Allentown, why would you go to this show? It's the same general audience. Having the show at Annapolis gets different fans.

Huh ?? You only go once ?? You go because you love drum corps and want as much as you can !

G

Loving that its 20 minutes from my house !

Huh ?? You only go once ?? You go because you love drum corps and want as much as you can !

G

Loving that its 20 minutes from my house !

obviously that is true if you are a hardcore fan like the people who post on this board... however, most people who go drum corps shows (I think) do not actually find it that interesting following the same show night after night after night to note the various changes and such. They go for the night to be entertained.

Would you go see the same movie two days in a row? If you really love the movie, yes, but otherwise...

obviously that is true if you are a hardcore fan like the people who post on this board... however, most people who go drum corps shows (I think) do not actually find it that interesting following the same show night after night after night to note the various changes and such. They go for the night to be entertained.

Would you go see the same movie two days in a row? If you really love the movie, yes, but otherwise...

The movie isnt trying to get better every day and achieve a higher score.....its not a competition.

G

The movie isnt trying to get better every day and achieve a higher score.....its not a competition.

G

you post that like any corps can win on any given night...

and do you really think a corps gets noticeably better (to the generally untrained person, which is who they are trying to attract to these shows) between Sunday night and Monday night?

and do you really think a corps gets noticeably better (to the generally untrained person, which is who they are trying to attract to these shows) between Sunday night and Monday night?

it can happen

that contract is signed sealed and delivered. Plus Navy's football team will be overseas I think

Jeff, I believe you are correct. Navy is scheduled to play Notre Dame on the small island in 2012.

No one can gain a larger fan/customer base if they plan to play for the same crowd over and over again. You need to reach out to new people if you want to grow. Ask any sales person about that.

Right Jeff? LOL