Most INFAMOUS show ever?

The post on "Most famous show ever" has gotten varied responses and a lot of wondering what "famous" means in this instance. So, being the contrarian ####### that I am, I thought I'd float a discussion of some of the more "infamous" shows in history.

Three that spring to my mind right away are the 75 Muchachos, because of what they stood for (the first Eastern corps with a shot) and because of how they were basically snuffed out, rightly or wrongly, in one fell swoop. Second is Suncoast Sound 1984, with the most political show in DCI history, in fact the only overtly political show in DCI history. (SCV 1991 made a comment on the losing of th Viet Nam war, but Miss Saigon is a Broadway show, whereas Suncoast was doing a commentary on the 60s. Third is Star of Indiana 1993, for many reasons, all content-related. Love ot or hate it(I love it except the symmetrical pit), people really react to this show.

What do you think?

Edited by tommytimp

Second is Suncoast Sound 1984, with the most political show in DCI history, in fact the only overtly political show in DCI history.

A funny/ironic comment on the 1984 PBS broadcast by Richard Santo went something like: "they did an outstanding job expressing whatever it was they were trying to express."

• Like 2

The post on "Most famous show ever" has gotten varied responses and a lot of wondering what "famous" means in this instance. So, being the contrarian ####### that I am, I thought I'd float a discussion of some of the more "infamous" shows in history.

Three that spring to my mind right away are the 75 Muchachos, because of what they stood for (the first Eastern corps with a shot) and because of how they were basically snuffed out, rightly or wrongly, in one fell swoop. Second is Suncoast Sound 1984, with the most political show in DCI history, in fact the only overtly political show in DCI history. (SCV 1981 made a comment on the losing of th Viet Nam war, but Miss Saigon is a Broadway show, whereas Suncoast was doing a commentary on the 60s. Third is Star of Indiana 1993, for many reasons, all content-related. Love ot or hate it(I love it except the symmetrical pit), people really react to this show.

What do you think?

Darn I thought this was the Most INFAMOUS shower ever? I could have worked with that.....

Edited by ajlisko

All the times I've seen that show, I never would have guessed that show even had a theme....

Shows ya what I know.

Shows you what I know too.

Of course it's 1991. Durr.

Edited by tommytimp

Infamous: “Having a reputation of the worst kind; producing a notoriously evil act”. Merriam-Webster

Over the years I have seen a few shows that have tended to insult a number of people in the audience, but does any corps or show actually stand up to this dictionary definition of Infamous?

I think the 2008 Cadets. They're show that year had too many vocals to be a Drum Corps show. That's why they call it Drum Corps; Not Voice Corps. :smile:

I think the 1988 Spirit of Atlanta is a show I would consider infamous. It was so unlike anything you would have expected from them. The choice of Stravinsky's Petrouchka was way out there. I loved it. The uniform change was out there also. Hideous. I hated it.

It's really a shame that the visuals took away from a great musical book and fantastic hornline.