Madison 2011 Rep

...performing a musical interpretation of the deepest inner thoughts of goldfish....

That would be an awesome show!

New York New York, is a master work for Bernstein... Not a great choice for most drum corps... But a perfect choice for the Madison Scouts to perform.

Edited by Cop

New York New York, is a master work for Bernstein... Not a great choice for most drum corps... But a perfect choice for the Madison Scouts to perform.

I don't get it. What do you mean by this?

I don't get it. What do you mean by this?

I think in the hands of the Scouts, New York New York, has the capability to blow down the house,,, Right song in 2011 for the Scouts.

Edited by Cop
  • Like 1

Well, since they are rebuilding the brand, I'm interested to see where it goes

The 1977 opener for the Madison Scouts is the first EVER drum corps I ever heard. I remember it rocked the house! I can't wait to hear what 150 men of Madison can do to/for "New York New York". You rookies out their, go to the DCI archives and take a listen, the opening 4 notes is what hooked me on drum corps and that was 35 years ago! I can still close my eyes and hear those opening cords in my head. Many of you thought the opening of "Slaugher" rocked ... you haven't heard nothing yet!

Oh and for you Madison fans that loved this years show, Madison has a tour DVD on their website for sale. I spent $20 to support them ... because their show was the only want I wanted to watch again from the 2010 line up. So instead of spending $119.00 buying DCI's Top 12, I drop $20 and got exactly what I wanted from THE MADISON SCOUTS!

• Like 2

The Scouts seem to have paid homage to what the New York Skyliners of the 60' and 70's did with their unique arrangements of Bernstein and the sounds of NY City. You dont have to believe me, but first listen to the Skyliners arrangements of Slaughter and NY, NY and then compare them to what the Scouts did with them. Back in those days, the Skyliners were among the elite of senior corps and usually had 60 to 70 brass, that played as loud as was possible.

I also believe that the Scouts were the only DCI corps capable of reproducing that kind of energy, and taking the edges off the sound because of their training in the seventies. They were just as loud but not as crass as the weekend warriors of those early years.

This is not a slam at all, it is a tribute! Good choices so far...I am sure this one will work for you! Now what about Symphony in F?

Donny

• Like 2