Who's the best looking corps out there?

1996 was my favorite year. I remember her being so objectified by people (read men) on RAMD. She was/is just a regular member, who was backfield in 1995 when Roderick Saunders was the podium conductor and then she was promoted in 1996. Then there was also another woman,a rook-out in 1996 and she was backfield. Only time in Regiment's history they had two women conductors.

But, that uniform turned heads.

Let's not forgot that Kristy Spears brought PR their first championship.

It's called corps PRIDE. Some obviously have a more meaningful and intense connection to it than you do. You may think it's silly, but others may not. Doesn't make them wrong (actually, given the history of drum corps, quite the contrary), but they just have a different impression of what it means than you do.

If you see it as a "band uniform", then to you that's all it will ever be...

try telling that to the entire corps.

in the end, drum corps is just a more intense version of marching band.

There's no difference.

• Like 1

There's no difference.

I disagree. Completely. Perhaps, not all drum corps are the same......

• Like 3

Here are the December 15th Results, as of about 10:45pm:

Dec15.jpg

There's no difference.

Other corps often use the expressions "band coats" and "band hats" and things of the sort as a play on the fact that people like you actually consider this activity marching band. If you look at the evolution of marching band, it has a different, not completely, but different origin from that of drum and bugle corps. Where community bugle corps began to take charge, college marching band began to start their careers as well. Regular high school marching bands take after the college styles that were introduced in the mid-early nineteen hundreds, where as competitive high school marching bands take after their drum and bugle corps counter parts. The more correct way to refer to competitive marching bands would actually be drum and bugle bands with woodwinds in this instance!

How does this sound - American Football and the rest of the world Football are the same. Both involve kicking a ball at some point, they both involve playing on a field, and they both involve teams scoring. Sure there are no quaterbacks in soccer, but they still run around on a field!

Probably not the best comparison, but I'm no marching band history expert...just the brassEXPERT.

• Like 1

Other corps often use the expressions "band coats" and "band hats" and things of the sort as a play on the fact that people like you actually consider this activity marching band. If you look at the evolution of marching band, it has a different, not completely, but different origin from that of drum and bugle corps. Where community bugle corps began to take charge, college marching band began to start their careers as well. Regular high school marching bands take after the college styles that were introduced in the mid-early nineteen hundreds, where as competitive high school marching bands take after their drum and bugle corps counter parts. The more correct way to refer to competitive marching bands would actually be drum and bugle bands with woodwinds in this instance!

How does this sound - American Football and the rest of the world Football are the same. Both involve kicking a ball at some point, they both involve playing on a field, and they both involve teams scoring. Sure there are no quaterbacks in soccer, but they still run around on a field!

Probably not the best comparison, but I'm no marching band history expert...just the brassEXPERT.

thanks for the history lesson

i am rather aware of the difference between marching band and drum corps seeing how ive been apart of one for 4 years

but no matter how you slice it, you're still MARCHING on a football field.

"band" is a group of instrumentalist without strings. Therefore you can still call drum corps band

i know a lot of people get over excited when someone says marching band instead of drum corps.

But its all pretty much the same thing rather you want to agree with it or not

• Like 1

Cadets. The classic look on the field since 1934.

Except for a couple of years where that uniform just got wierd.

I'd be curious to know how many of the votes cast were for their own alma mater or who voted for a former competitor (or current I suppose). I voted for someone else and I wonder how many others did as well.

• Like 1