DCPI-15 Discussion Thread

Galen

Wooooo, what a night!

At first I thought it was just the Jalapeno & Cheddar Brats with Southern Pit Barbeque Beans & Rice... but no, there was some real magic churning from the gut in San Antonio Friday night. I had honestly expected a re-enactment of the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles, but the Crimson Lions turned that power into a stunning first victory of the season performance!

In Denton, our Barnstormers put in another solid performance driving the crowd into a frenzy with an almost flawless rendition of Call Me the Breeze. This group doesn't move around all too well, but man, they sure can play! Stellar performances by all the corps attending, with Oostburg snagging a 3rd place finish.

The people of the UK have been outstanding hosts to our young Privateers, keeping spirits high as most our members have never been out of the States before. Another amazing performance in Warrington netted them another 1st place finish.

I know placements and rankings change fast (everyday!), but I sure am proud to claim that today, FlyingBabies!Entertainment gets to represent the #3 Crimson Lions, #5 Oostburg Barnstormers and the #2 Poygan Privateers.

Wooooo, what a night!

Edited by Tin Guardian

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 BIG events tonight.

US corps take place in the finals of the Southwestern focus show, while European corps invade Liverpool's Anfield Stadium and Pacific corps head to Istanbul Turkey's MASSIVE Ataturk Olympic Stadium:

SanAntonioTXAlamodome70000-1.jpg

LiverpoolUKAnfieldStadium45000-1.jpg

IstanbulTurkeyAtaturkOlympicStadium80000.jpg

Getting an early start on this week:

Two more Texas in Wichita Falls and Odessa shows see the US corps heading west.

WichitaFallsTXMemorialStadium14000-1.jpg

OdessaTXRatliffStadium16000-1.jpg

European corps move to the continent with their first stop in Rouen France.

RouenFranceStadeRobertDiochin12000.jpg

And Pacific corps head to the land of Bollywood for a show in Mumbai:

MumbaiIndiaBalewadiStadium15000.jpg

Events for Tuesday:

US corps do their final southwestern events with a stop at Andress HS in El Paso as well as the traditional visit to Broken Arrow OK:

ElPasoTXAndressHS5000jpg.jpg

BrokenArrowOKBAHS9000.jpg

The Orleans France event will take place at Stade de la Vallee du Cher in nearby Tours, France due to the large corps registry:

ToursFranceStadedelaValleeduCher10000.jpg

Wednesday's show lineup:

For Pacific corps, the world is their oyster in Bangkok.

BangkokThailandNonthaburiStadium25000.jpg

Back stateside, a pair of small shows take place in Garden City KS and Rio Rancho NM as corps move toward their next focus events in Tempe and Denver.

GardenCityKSGardenCityStadium4000.jpg

RioRanchoNMClevelandHS5000.jpg

Tonight's events:

Antwerp Belgium's Freethiel Stadium welcomes European corps into the Low Countries after their jaunt through the French countryside:

AntwerpBelgiumFreethielStadion13000-1.jpg

Hong Kong's glowing lights beckon Pacific corps:

HongKongChinaHongKongStadium2.jpg

Flagstaff AZ's Walkup Skydome provides a refreshing break from the cold:

FlagstaffAZNAUSkydome16000.jpg

And crews have been plowing Greeley CO's Nottingham Field for the better part of a week to be prepared for tonight's event:

GreeleyCONottinghamField7000-1.jpg

A better performance by the Forward Dynamics corps last night in Thailand. We're ramping up to make that final push. That said...

Proposal: Expand list of caption choices from three years to five.

Rationale: Having over 100 corps/year selections to choose from would have a two-fold effect: it would make life more difficult for the "spreadsheet savants" (myself included) while increasing the maximum number of top caption sets available. This, combined with the generated scores used in off-season, would allow more players to be within one or two tenths of the top caption picks and have a shot at the gold.

Effect on the activity: Increase competitiveness by making high scores attainable by more players.

Submitted by: Kevin Pogue, Glory of Music

This is having exactly the impact I was hoping. By my calculations, there are TEN different caption sets for World Class corps that total up to between 96.0 and 96.1

This season should be WIDE open as we come down to the wire. :thumbup:

A better performance by the Forward Dynamics corps last night in Thailand. We're ramping up to make that final push. That said...

This is having exactly the impact I was hoping. By my calculations, there are TEN different caption sets for World Class corps that total up to between 96.0 and 96.1

This season should be WIDE open as we come down to the wire. :thumbup:

And I'm pretty sure mine isn't one of them. :P I'm also very sure that I'm going about this spreadsheet thing the wrong way. Oh well, there's always live season...

I'm happy to be reporting good performances in Bangkok as well. After making some long awaited and well-deserved changes, HMO corps are starting to get back on track, up into the higher rankings. Quiksilver jumped 1.6, Mercury jumped 2, and Hg jumped 3.3! Pushing for a medal this season!