Still Impressed?

I just don't see drum corps being the kind of activity where it seems advantageous to be "selfish". I mean, banking, government, business, sure... but drum corps? The best way to put, i think, is to know that people who spend time with drum corps are only doing things that what they're doing will benefit the activity, music, the arts, kids, everyone. But, there are disagreements on those perceptions.

Did you read the G7 presentation?

Yes.

Then how do you reconcile the power and money grab that the G7 promoted? "Everyone"?

Yes, there are disagreements. Strong ones.

I just don't see drum corps being the kind of activity where it seems advantageous to be "selfish". I mean, banking, government, business, sure... but drum corps? The best way to put, i think, is to know that people who spend time with drum corps are only doing things that what they're doing will benefit the activity, music, the arts, kids, everyone. But, there are disagreements on those perceptions.

:shutup:

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting observations.

Every year I'm treated to something new to keep me coming back. Sometimes it's dramatic (Spartacus), sometimes thrilling (Cadets running company front), comical (Bluecoats "drop your weapons..."), poignant (Crown's Rainbow/Somewhere ballad), imaginative (BD mirrors) or magical (Cavies Machine). And there's more. Can't wait to see what they have for me next year.

HH

So true.