canadiandrumguy

EVANS VS. REMO   

37 members have voted

1. 1. EVANS VS. REMO

• EVANS
    • REMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you know how to tune, there is no difference.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to disagree as I've been able to achieve much more resonance and projection with the Evans heads. The marching products have developed into game-changing heads allowing lines to explore many more colors than previously possible.

Edited by Hulka

• 4 months later...

ok well my highschool line uses remos but i perfer evans heads because on quads for example remos bust pretty easy i have noticed but if u get evens coated heads they like never do

Remos on marching drums, Evans on my sets.

• Like 2

In my experience, I think Evans is definitely pushing the envelope on drum head technology, and is making getting great sounds easier. This is especially true with their bass heads. Right out of the box, you can slap them on some drums, and they will sound good. However, you can be kind of limited by the mechanisms built into the heads. I can't always get the sounds I want with the technology they incorporate. The heads are great if that is the sound I want, but I tend to like a blank slate so that I can shape the sound the way I want to. That's what I feel like I get from Remo.

I agree that the Evans bass heads sound pretty good. But don't get even a minor nick in an Evans bass head or it will rip rim to rim faster than you can say Remo. Remo still wins the durability contest, especially with the emperor suedes on quads, but no pinstripes because those things pop just looking at them (and they sound wonky too).

• 1 month later...

Used Evans on our tenors last year, total crap.