Time to vote

Reason for not attending DCA shows   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Why have you not been too or limited your attendance at DCA shows

• Ticket Prices
    • Travel Time, other Expences and economy
    • Bored with the majority of the shows and programming
    • Tired of the Buccanears winning
    • REal world and Life is getting in the way.
    • Im attending more DCA shows than ever. And I love puppies and clouds.

I realize this poll is not perfect but it should give us a gauge of why the DCP forum members are not attending DCA shows or limiting their DCA show experiences.

Feel free to discuss further if only answering one question is not enough

I guess there is nothing wrong with polling for answers to why people go or not go to drum corps shows.. simply ask that question and people on here wil most likely respond. But to assume the reasons the suggestions YOU posted are THE reasons why people do what they do are absurd. In a court of law that we be "leading" the witness. That's like asking.. WHY DID YOU STOP GOING TO THESE RIDICULOUS DRUM CORPS SHOWS? OR.... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU STOP DRIVING SEVERAL HOURS TO GO TO SOMETHING THAT REALLY WASN'T WORTH IT ANYWAY?

Sorry. Liz is right.. your sour grapes about the activity and its direction, and your distain for it is very evident in poll. Figured I point that out. You might want to name your poll... THIS IS WHY I HATE DCA, AND HERE ARE THE REASON YOU SHOULD TOO.

I'm a drummer and the lot bores me. "hey lets play all kinds of hard #### for the youtube video people and then crap out tap rolls on the field!!!"

no thanks

My first nominee for Reply of the Year!

Sorry. Liz is right..

I have a problem with any sentence that starts like that. All these other threads talk about boosting fan attendance. If a fan is happy with the state of drum corps and goes to shows, he or she is not the problem. If you feel that way, don't vote for the negative answers or don't vote. It's funny how certain people here can suggest any ridiculous proposal they want and people don't jump all over him. I thought the questions in the poll covered it pretty well. The results are interesting, but nobody is talking about that...

If a fan is happy with the state of drum corps and goes to shows, he or she is not the problem.

BUT...

If we change things to make the unhappy fans happy, there's a risk (or, a probability) that we'll end up making the happy fans unhappy. So knowing what is keeping the current fans there is actually very important to the conversation.

I thought the questions in the poll covered it pretty well. The results are interesting, but nobody is talking about that...

Give the poll a little more time and we will discuss it. I would like to see everyone vote that wants to vote.

I was surprised that the real world and life situation did not get more votes. I hear that a lot from people when asked to do drum corps. I guess its showing that if you really want to do something then busy schedule and family stuff will not get in the way.

Economy seems too be the biggest issue.