Meals at winter camp

While having lunch at the last camp I was was trying to compare some of the meals between winter and summer.

Just wondering what your favorite winter camp meal may be.

This past camp an all age corps practiced at the same campus but in a different building. They ate at our cafeteria but they were brown bagging it.

Do you have to do this?

While having lunch at the last camp I was was trying to compare some of the meals between winter and summer.

This past camp an all age corps practiced at the same campus but in a different building. They ate at our cafeteria but they were brown bagging it.

Do you have to do this?

Peanut butter and Jelly. That is all.

The roast pork loin dinner that Blue Stars served at the December camp this year was outstanding. Included stuffing, a special orange/cranberry sauce, vegetables, and strawberry shortcake. And, of course, PB&J :thumbup: .

This camp my favorite was the meatloaf for Saturday dinner, and the baked potato and salad bar for Sunday dinner.

From what I understand, a few of the corps do not even offer meals at winter camps.

I too have heard that some corps (is Madison one?) don't provide meals at camps. How does that work? Do the members head off to the nearest restaurant at mealtime? How does that affect the schedule?

HH

I too have heard that some corps (is Madison one?) don't provide meals at camps. How does that work? Do the members head off to the nearest restaurant at mealtime? How does that affect the schedule?

HH

If you pay a per camp fee, wouldn't you expect to get fed something? Our camp fees are low and we feed our kids 3 meals and a snack every day in camp.

Last camp we had baked chicken with rice and a salad bar with 2 deserts. On Sunday we had bacon+eggs for breakfast the sloppy joes for lunch.

HH

Madison most certainly feeds the corps at camps, and very well from what I understand.

• Like 1

Madison most certainly feeds the corps at camps, and very well from what I understand.

Of course you're right. But that's a change isn't it? Not that long ago, camp meals (at least some camp meals?) weren't included at Madison? Or am I thinking of another corps?

As someone who's presided over 500 hot dogs for camp lunch among other personal cooking records, I'm curious how members eat when meals aren't part of the package. Anyone?

HH

• Like 1

Of course you're right. But that's a change isn't it? Not that long ago, camp meals (at least some camp meals?) weren't included at Madison? Or am I thinking of another corps?

Part of the luxury of marching Madison Scouts is Winter camps in the Bloomington facility, which includes a full kitchen and cafeteria at their disposal..

I can tell you that Scouts are MORE then fine... Since 1938, I'm sure some years were better then others,,, As of today they are very, very healthy...

I would hate to name drop or brag about the haves or have nots... but don't talk poor about corps when you really have no idea about who or what you are talking about..

Edited by Cop

Very well all season... The men are very lucky to be a part of these years of Madison.