New King marching horns advertised to "take the concert sound to t

Bottom line is that Spirit's book was more difficult, and Spirit's lead Sops were better.

Yes I do miss Jason. Catherine I can do without.

And please John, call me Mikey.

Edited by Howdy

I doubt there are even five lead trumpet players in 2011 in all of DCI who could play Spirit of Atlanta's 1980 lead sop book[maybe 3 who could play SOA's 79 lead sop book]. Spirit 80 was louder.

Give it to me.

• Like 4

I seriously doubt that, being as Hunter remembers how difficult Jim's lead soprano books were.

OK, put up or shut up. Post an example of a 2010 DCI wc hornbook with lead trumpet parts that are more demanding than this:

link removed

Here is a sample of DCI's 2010 winner. 2010 Blue Devils lead trumpet hornbook is complete peanuts compared with vintage Jim Ott's Spirit lead trumpet/soprano books:

link removed

You won't find anything even close, but you might find some great classical or concert band sounding music on the field these days...

link removed

And I haven't even begun to mention how much more demanding Spirit of Atlanta's 79 and 80 midrange book was compared to what top DCI wc corps play today.

He shoots, he scores, he wins!

I accidentally greened this post... someone correct my mistake... :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave
removing links to copyrighted material
  • Like 1

Give it to me.

Kasey I would post them for you to try if I could find them. Spirit's lead sop parts are posted somewhere online, I just can't remember how to find them. I'm getting oldtimes disease...

All the best, and I can't wait to hear you this summer,

Mikey

Yea KaseyW! Represent that BK trumpet line! :thumbup:

I fear that I may have sounded a bit too cocky in that response. :huh2:

• Like 2