Sun Devils Press Release

Sun Devils Drum & Bugle Corps is announcing that we must take the 2011 summer off from DCA field competition. We hate to do this, however the economy has us tanked. We have been funded by member tuition and parades from the beginning. Unfortunately, the economy has made it difficult for our members to continue to pay the amount of dues required to get us on the road. With our closest show an 8 hr. bus ride away, and our average age being 17...we are short on funds to compete this year. We will be focusing on getting the financial base set, where dues are secondary to operational funds.

It is going to be a challenge, but must be done in order for the corps to survive for the future. We also need to purchase our own set of horns and pit percussion. The Sun Devils have made it this far on sheer determination. Now we need to regroup and get the financial base solid. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Sun Devils Drum and Bugle Corps

www.sundevilsdrumcorps.org

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to see another DCAS corps go inactive. Best of luck getting back onto the field in 2012.

Thats truly to bad. Hate to see that. i SAW AN earlier thread someone where about directors accepting members who owe money I hope that's not the case with you guys and if it is I really hope the staff of the next thing Florida is starting is professional enough not to accept anyone owing money to you guys.

Who knows , lots of great directors and also lots of shady characters also. Hang in there.

Good Luck

Thats truly to bad. Hate to see that. i SAW AN earlier thread someone where about directors accepting members who owe money I hope that's not the case with you guys and if it is I really hope the staff of the next thing Florida is starting is professional enough not to accept anyone owing money to you guys.

Who knows , lots of great directors and also lots of shady characters also. Hang in there.

Good Luck

OMG..between type Os an not finishing a statememnt what a mess..lol....that's what i get for typing fast and signing off..lol..sorry but i think you all got the message....hopefully....lol

Best of Luck Sun Devils

John:

Your friends in the Reading Buccaneers organization send their best wishes to all in the Sun Devils for a quick and healthy return to the field.

Tom

John and the entire Sun Devil organization..............you will be missed. Good luck in your rebuilding endeavor........I'm sure you can/will do it!!!

Hope to see the Sun Devils back stronger in 2012!

Dog gone it John! I had you guys rising to the top. I guess I am going to have to wait just a little longer!