Last two minutes of the show go unjudged.

Howdy

I am wondering how not judging the last two minutes of the show might help DCI corps become far more entertaining.

Would this bring more people into the stands?

This could also help judges by giving them more time to get their evaluations and scores right.

Edited by Howdy

I am wondering how not judging the last two minutes of the show might help DCI corps become far more entertaining.

Would this bring more people into the stands?

This could also help judges by giving them more time to get their evaluations and scores right.

are you advocating adding an additional 2 minutes, or use the current time allowances and just remove the last 2 minutes from judging?

I like the sentiment, but DCI won't go for longer shows, and the alternative is only judging a corps for 9 minutes...(or 9:30...not exactly sure what program length is)

and for those that are gonna red score Mikey just because he's Mikey...grow up...really.

• Like 1

I'm wondering why people feel shows that aren't judged would be better than shows that are judged...

after all the talk about BD 2010, you still ask that?

Who says the judges didn't get their evaluations right? No.

HH

I was the first to say they deserved to win..they played to the judging sheets, and they did it just about as well as it could be done.

I just prefer the judging sheets more closely reflected the majority of fans' sheets...then they'd be playing to the fans, and not just the judges...

but..that's not the intent of this topic....

I would like to see two more minutes added back into the show. For the last two minutes of the show this would give corps a chance to perform what they [ and their fans ] want to vs. what they think the judges want.

Edited by Howdy
  • Like 1

I would like to see two more minutes added back into the show. For the last two minutes of the show this would give corps a chance to perform what they [ and their fans ] want to vs. what they think the judges want.

more drum corps is good...I just don't think they'd ever make the night longer again...they cut time from shows, and eliminated retreats for just this reason.

• Like 1

Really? May I be so bold as to articulate more precisely what I think it is you really want: Retro shows.

Two unjudged minutes won't get you that. Nor should it.

HH

• Like 4