SCV bass line 2010

I'm sorry if this has already been talked about, but I haven't been on in a while and kinda don't feel lie looking, but I have a question about SCV's bass line in 2010. I've seen videos on YouTube from early season where SCV has five basses. Than videos from finals, and pictures on Jolesch there are only four basses. My question is simple: What happened to the fifth bass? :huh:

I'm sorry if this has already been talked about, but I haven't been on in a while and kinda don't feel lie looking, but I have a question about SCV's bass line in 2010. I've seen videos on YouTube from early season where SCV has five basses. Than videos from finals, and pictures on Jolesch there are only four basses. My question is simple: What happened to the fifth bass? :huh:

I don't know about SCV, but, I have seen many other corps lose members because of illness or injury.

I don't know about SCV, but, I have seen many other corps lose members because of illness or injury.

Yea, I figured it was an illness or injury. But like I said I have not been on in awhile, so I don't know if it's been talk about.

Also, I noticed that Cadets and Glassmen only had four basses in finals... did they start with four basses, or start with five and lost one? :blink:

Didn't Cadets also have 4 basses at finals last year. I assumed that was down to illness/injury rather than a them being unable to fill the spot.

Bass 5 broke his foot during the season, so they carried on with 4 basses from Atlanta on if I remember correctly.

I wish I could go back in time to the seasons I lost basses. I would have saved so much time and energy just closing the hole and reworking the parts for four basses rather that bringing a replacement up to speed. And that was with a DIV II corps that didn't tour full time. I can't imagine filling a spot on tour.

This isn't new by the way, I remember the Blue Devils had four in 88. I'm sure it happened before that as well.

I wish I could go back in time to the seasons I lost basses. I would have saved so much time and energy just closing the hole and reworking the parts for four basses rather that bringing a replacement up to speed. And that was with a DIV II corps that didn't tour full time. I can't imagine filling a spot on tour.

This isn't new by the way, I remember the Blue Devils had four in 88. I'm sure it happened before that as well.

Yea, not new at all. In 2008 I know Blue Stars had four basses at finals. I assumed they had five originally and lost one because in the beginning of the show (I forget how far in) when the corps forms a 'wheel', with the guard in a circle nd the horn and drumlines as the spokes, the drumline is in a horizontal line and it seems like there's a hole between bass four and the circle.

Can a member of the 2008 Blue Stars confirm or deny the fact that they lost a bass drummer? :blink:

Let's not forget about the infamous last second entrance of bass #5 for BD in 2000. That was killer. I remember seeing all the drumline shakos going crazy during the online warmup. More crazy than normal anyway. I looked around for something unusual and noticed that #5 had appeared. That 'almost missing' drummer was not from injury but was from ...well....we'll call it 'youthful lack of foresight'

Bluecoats 2006 lost Bass #5 late in the season as well.

And the BD 2000 Bass was #2 I believe