Drum Corps Germany

The organization Drum Corps Germany is gone according to this article and it's website. Should we care? What does this mean? A step backward for marching music as a whole? Is this the start of trend? Is marching music losing influence all over the world? Is it losing influence and interest here in the states?

http://drumcorpseurope.org/news/publish/english/Drum_Corps_Germany_no_longer_exists.shtml

Edited by charlie1223

IMO it's kind of like losing the NFL Europe would be. Who really cares. Of course the occasional Kurt Warner....

Shame you feel like that as I think it's very sad........ I guess it's not all doom and gloom as the remaining corps could compete on the Dutch circuit maybe.

By the way hundreds of kids have traveled over from Europe to march DCI…. I guess they care.

Edited by Britbones

It's too bad. Whenever a circuit dies a little more of this activity we love dies too. Hopefully the rest of the European Corps stay strong and continue to keep the activity alive.

Sad but number of corps overseas is going down at least as badly as here. Check corpsreps for a good idea.

As for caring.. jeez.. if we only worry about our side of the ocean.. and our Jr/Sr side... and our WC/OC side.. and the top corps... guess what, hardly anyone left and lot less fans to support.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sure it sucks for them, my point is that it will have almost no effect on DCI other than to potentially bring a few more members over the ocean. Chill TFO people.

• Like 2

Sad this is happening to them. Could happen to DCI too if they do not wake up and do something about the programming.