WGI-Type Unitards and DCI

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you could ever like DCI corps in WGI-type Unitards?

• Never
    • Maybe
    • Probably
    • Definitely

If they " succeeded " in it, then why'd they abandon it, and go back to their " traditional uniforms " ?

...because next year's program didn't call for it? It's not complicated.

• Like 1

If they " succeeded " in it, then why'd they abandon it, and go back to their " traditional uniforms " ?

Note that I said "...succeeded in part, IMO.." I----M----O. Maybe others thought differently, but a show like that worked best with the costumes they wore as opposed to their 'traditional uniform'.

Also, they wore costumes for a few years back then.

...because next year's program didn't call for it? It's not complicated.

Winter 1976-1977. Stanley Knaub worked with Seattle Imperials winter guard and our guard. They were classical, we were broadway. We both wore the same type of costumes, except for the tunic and hats. We were a drum corps, funds were needed for instruments, staff and the summer program. Winter = small budget. We sewed our own uniforms. Feb 77 I got the material from Western Textiles in bulk (cheap), cut the patterns, size 10, 12, 14 and 16, photocopied the sewing instructions and told each girl to find a sewer. Some sewed their own as did I their GC. The shoes came from Malabars, the Top Hats from Shirley Potters. In 1981 we had a jazz repertoire and changed our look. Stanley was my inspiration, mentor and friend. Complicated? No ;-)

• Like 1