2011 SCV

At the Dallas show the volume seemed to be up a bit, more so even than in San Antonio which should seem louder being indoors. I talked with a couple of members in the lots about that and they said the horn staff worked on volume quite a bit during the day. So hopefully now that their show is visually performing cleaner they're turning their attention to the volume complaints.

I still want the climatic chord after the "Vanguard" yell to be cranked up about times 10. That should be the major impact moment of the show.

Not sure what to think of the drum scores. They continue to win execution but are falling behind in percussion music. Not sure how the staff can address that without alot of rewrites. Watching them in the lots in full percussion ensemble though I disagree that music should be a problem for them. That book can standalone and makes a great musical show even without the horns.

• Like 1

I agree that the staff needs to be stable there for a while, which is what they seem to be working on.

Seems like they have had some consistency ... haven't Weber, Bonfiglio, and Poulan all been there more than five years? Maybe we have been letting go of the wrong people?

Just a thought

Unless, you're currently at the top of the game, you probably need a couple of years for the whole team to be in place at the same time. Those names seem to be design team/ arranger names. I don't know who is involved on the instruction end of their staff. I can also say, that having the brass program change isn't going to help.

SCV beat Bloo again 87.000 to 86.950! Their score didn't go up from yesterday, though. Then again, Bloo's score only went up by 0.050... But I hope SCV can continue to climb that staircase! (straight from fsubone :P)

Edited by staplestable

SCV beat Bloo again 87.000 to 86.950! Their score didn't go up from yesterday, though. Then again, Bloo's score only went up by 0.050... But I hope SCV can continue to climb that staircase! (straight from fsubone :P)

For all those fans who never think about Boston watch out. Their show continues to get cleaner and the staff will be adding small changes to enhance their visual score. For those skeptics look at their percussion scores . Boston beat phantom last night. Boston got a 86.1 tonight

Edited by mondocane1970

For all those fans who never think about Boston watch out. Their show continues to get cleaner and the staff will be adding small changes to enhance their visual score. For those skeptics look at their percussion scores . Boston beat phantom last night. Boston got a 86.1 tonight

Boston's good, But I still see them holding the 8th spot when this is all said and done. Getting through either Bluecoats or SCV will be a tough wall, it took a good long time for Boston to start getting ahead of BK, BS, and Madison. It's going to be a race to the finish for everyone.

Oh yeah, and comparing scores from different shows.... Usual caveat of not very smart to do.

On topic, GO SCV!!!! Great job tonight guys! Hope you can really start putting a spread on Bluecoats, this .1, .05 business just isn't doing it for me. But it looks like the music and visual scores are starting to go up :thumbup: . Good to see people starting really appreciate this show as much as some of us fans do!

Can't wait to watch the video from Atlanta this Saturday! Another step up the staircase Vanguard!

Edited by fsubone

Yeah Vanguard! GREAT job tonight and every other night that you have performed so far! Keeping pushing! (or climbing, rather, haha) All the way, Vanguard! Show 'em what you got! You've got tons of fans that love your show and will keep supporting you all the way! GO VANGUARD!

• Like 1

Boston's good, But I still see them holding the 8th spot when this is all said and done. Getting through either Bluecoats or SCV will be a tough wall, it took a good long time for Boston to start getting ahead of BK, BS, and Madison. It's going to be a race to the finish for everyone.

Oh yeah, and comparing scores from different shows.... Usual caveat of not very smart to do.

On topic, GO SCV!!!! Great job tonight guys! Hope you can really start putting a spread on Bluecoats, this .1, .05 business just isn't doing it for me. But it looks like the music and visual scores are starting to go up :thumbup: . Good to see people starting really appreciate this show as much as some of us fans do!

Can't wait to watch the video from Atlanta this Saturday! Another step up the staircase Vanguard!

As much as I hate to admit, SCV had Bloo tonight. It's still razor thin, but SCV has grown on me all year. Definitely becoming a favorite.

• Like 1

As much as I hate to admit, SCV had Bloo tonight. It's still razor thin, but SCV has grown on me all year. Definitely becoming a favorite.

It's been a favorite for me all season. Bloo and SCV are back and forth on what seems like a nightly basis. Just wondering who's going to make the permanent move, or if it will be a fight all the way to Finals night?

Off topic, I loved Bluecoats '05. Caravan was awesome. :worthy:

• Like 1

SCV and Bloo are just too neck-and-neck for their own good. I hope to see SCV gaining even more momentum and increasing the spread between Bloo, and maybe even encroaching on Phantom.

Does anybody know if SCV has recently made any changes to their show? I don't have fan network and the last time I saw SCV was a month ago.

SCV and Bloo are just too neck-and-neck for their own good. I hope to see SCV gaining even more momentum and increasing the spread between Bloo, and maybe even encroaching on Phantom.

Does anybody know if SCV has recently made any changes to their show? I don't have fan network and the last time I saw SCV was a month ago.

They put in changes between Atascedero and Walnut, so if you've seen the Walnut show, you've pretty much seen everything. Just some more volume, and much, much cleaner. :thumbup: