Your favorite Corps show

OK, I'm an old Chicago Cavalier and so I'll only talk about Cavalier shows. You, on the other hand, should share your views on YOUR Corps performances.

For a long time I thought that "Frameworks" was the ultimate show. Then came "Samurai" which I thought surpassed everything The Cavaliers had ever done. And now, after repeated viewings, "Mad World" just blows me away! Undoubtedly the best conceived & executed Cavaliers performance ever.

Please remember, this is NOT about my Corps vs the other Corps, but what YOU think was your Corps shining moment.

2008-2009 Troop. The Iron Horse Express and Western Side Story, respectively. 2008 was the year we finally got to open up and play loud, and I feel our brass sound was pretty darn good. I remember at our first show in 2008 when we hit our opening statement after the Ghost Riders chorale and the crowd totally wasn't expecting it. It was awesome. 2009 was just well performed, entertaining, and I loved being on tour as a vis. tech for a couple of weeks. I got to help bring my corps back from the dead, and then help it get to Finals. Truly rewarding.

For older stuff, I love the 79 and 83 shows as well. All Troopers know the story of that 79 corps, and the 83 corps was just flat out entertaining!

For me 2010 Madison was a very cool moment in that history.

Other important turning point shows Id have to say for Madison were 2005 (Carmen Project), 2003, 1997, 1995, 1992, 1988, 1983, 1978, 1975, 1973.:thumbup:

Cavaliers 2003 - Spin Cycle

The epitome of demand and show design. The musical/visual integration has, in my opinion, never been matched.

• Like 1

Crossmen 92..... my one regret in life is not marching that show as it was my age out.... loved 90 though so i'm very happy with my contribution.

09 Blue Stars, niiiccccce

both shows i marched with both corps i marched... :cool:

• Like 1