Southwind

Being in the top 12 of DIV I (WC)did not keep Suncoast Sound, Freelancers, Sky Ryders, Velvet Knights, Bridgemen, Guardsmen, Magic of Orlando, Purple Lancers, DeLasalle Oaklands, Anaheim Kingsmen, 27th Lancers, Argon Rebles, Des Plains Vanguard, Kilties, Bleu Raiders, Black Knights, Oakland Crusaders, Royal Crusaders, Seneca Optimists, Dutch Boy, or North Star from going under. SO..., if Southwind had made the top 12 in 2000 the probability would "still be" that they would no longer be around.

• Like 3

Being in the top 12 of DIV I (WC)did not keep Suncoast Sound, Freelancers, Sky Ryders, Velvet Knights, Bridgemen, Guardsmen, Magic of Orlando, Purple Lancers, DeLasalle Oaklands, Anaheim Kingsmen, 27th Lancers, Argon Rebles, Des Plains Vanguard, Kilties, Bleu Raiders, Black Knights, Oakland Crusaders, Royal Crusaders, Seneca Optimists, Dutch Boy, or North Star from going under. SO..., if Southwind had made the top 12 in 2000 the probability would "still be" that they would no longer be around.

Truth.

One year of making finals wouldn't make any difference.

Placing 12th doesn't cover expenses.

I really wish they would come back though.

-goes to look for the money tree-

• Like 2

The simple answer to this question is no.

There are a lot of pieces to the Southwind puzzle. A lot of ins and outs as to why the corps is no longer around. My wife and I were there until the end and I'm not even sure we have the whole story.

It's been said before that the killer of drum corps is a lack of consistent operational funds. This was part of the problem with SW. There are many other parts that I don't feel comfortable discussing in this medium.

• Like 3

The thread "What are the best corps to never make finals? " got me to thinking. Would Southwind still be around today if they had made it into finals in 2000? That .2 could have changed the corps history complete. What are your thoughts?

I think the probability of them still operating had they made Finals in 2000 are still pretty nil. Their problems were likely financial, not competitive, and one placement or two higher wouldn't have really substantially changed their financial situation.

The simple answer to this question is no.

There are a lot of pieces to the Southwind puzzle. A lot of ins and outs as to why the corps is no longer around. My wife and I were there until the end and I'm not even sure we have the whole story.

It's been said before that the killer of drum corps is a lack of consistent operational funds. This was part of the problem with SW. There are many other parts that I don't feel comfortable discussing in this medium.

?

?

Is there a question forming here?