My tribute and story

It’s only when you’re older and wiser do you truly appreciate the sacrifices your corps staff made for you.

Well written and heart-felt, thank you for sharing.

Bob Lendman is on the ballot of nominees for this year's voting to the DCI Hall of Fame. His nomination and letters of support were submitted before the motorcycle accident happened.

Thank you again for sharing an insight to what is a little known - but very important - chapter in Blue Stars (and DCI) history. I know Bob was very proud of that season, and seems he had a blast too, based on the stories he would tell, all with a twinkle in his eye!

Pat Seidling,

Blue Star fan and supporter since 1973

Bob Lendman fan and friend since 1978

former Phantom Regiment Director 2001-2006

I can't begin to tell you how much this story has touched me. I only got back into drum corps last year after being out of it for decades. These stories that I have read about Bob, as well as many others, that saved so many corps in the 80s while others were dropping out remind me how much I enjoyed, and now enjoy again, my drum corps days. Being a midwest guy, I can truly appreciate all that Bob did for so many.

Thank you for sharing your kind words about a man I never had the priviledge to meet. Only to know about from those who were there while I marched with another corps.

Thank you for the tribute for Bob. Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to Allison and his family ... and to his drum corps family everywhere. He will truly be missed.

Dan and Marilyn Tye

And post #1, my friends, is everything one needs to know about the best of what drum corps is all about.