TOC show in June

..sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but there are NO TOC events in June!

Neither Saginaw nor Round Lake are TOC events.

Right now, until they decide on the east coast event in August, there are just 4 in July:

Rockford, IL

Houston, TX

Murfreesboro, TN

Rock Hill, NC

Interesting that Saginaw is not officially a TOC event since the corps are all TOC corps. I guess it's just the name??

Interesting that Saginaw is not officially a TOC event since the corps are all TOC corps. I guess it's just the name??

Both the Saginaw and Round Rock shows have ONLY TOC corps competing, but somewhere along the way they lost their TOC status is my guess. No idea how or why. Only reason I noticed this was because I was stopped during a meeting and told that there was only 4 TOC events.

My original drum corps schedule (abi from PR) had 8 TOC stops.

I think I remember DCI advertising on the top page banner that we started the season with TWO TOC events in Texas.

No idea why this changed.

I figured the Annapolis, MD, would change, but not the Texas shows!!!!

BUT, the Texas shows will still be awsome!

okay, well...

Saginaw, Texas (on June 18th) was supposed to be a TOC event. I guess it no longer is or isn't a "TOC" show. But it's still event where all top 8 corps will be competing together. I mean, that never happens in June. so the idea of the thread still is the same. Is there actually evidence that this is no longer a TOC show? Or is it just a regular DCI show with the top 8 corps?

but back to the topic:

Do you think that this would be a window of opportunity for the top 8 corps to shake things up placement wise? Or do you think it will just be business as usually for DCI. When was the last time this many top corps competed against each other in June?

Edited by charlie1223

Do you think that this would be a window of opportunity for the top 8 corps to shake things up placement wise? Or do you think it will just be business as usually for DCI. When was the last time this many top corps competed against each other in June?

I agree it doesn't matter much whether this is officially a TOC event -- it's the same line-up ! And I don't think there's ever been a June event with the (prev yr's) top 8 corps.

There's certainly room for shake-ups. It will largely depend on how corps approach this event in spring training. Will corps who (at least lately) come out missing large parts of their show push harder to get the whole show on the field?

I suspect we could see some "upsets" in these early season match-ups. Wish I lived closer to TX !!

Here's another question: Will the Saginaw and/or Round Rock show be on the FN?

Edited by corpsband

In ALL my years of watching drum corps there has never been a show with this many of the 'top finishing' corps in competition in JUNE!

I'd love to go to one or both of those shows - but I'm in Northern Illinois and can't afford the long trip and days off of work.

But, these 2 shows will definately shake up the season - start the season off with a bang!

How often do we complain about the rankings of the 'top finishing' corps because of East Coast bias or West Coast bias?

How many years have we waited until BD and SCV 'come out east' and compete so we can 'really' compare scores?

This year we are going to have real, from the first day data to compare our favorite corps with!!!!

AND, the corps not in this TOC tour will have real time scores to shoot at too....real time goals.

This could be GREAT!

• Like 2

Here's another question: Will the Saginaw and/or Round Rock show be on the FN?

According to an e-mail survey given by DCI a few weeks back there was question asking if people would watch a live broadcast of an early June event featuring the top 8 corps. I think the rumor is they might be investigating broadcasting the event on the FN (or maybe even in the theaters) but this depends I think on what kind of feed back they got from the survey.

In ALL my years of watching drum corps there has never been a show with this many of the 'top finishing' corps in competition in JUNE!

I'd love to go to one or both of those shows - but I'm in Northern Illinois and can't afford the long trip and days off of work.

But, these 2 shows will definately shake up the season - start the season off with a bang!

How often do we complain about the rankings of the 'top finishing' corps because of East Coast bias or West Coast bias?

How many years have we waited until BD and SCV 'come out east' and compete so we can 'really' compare scores?

This year we are going to have real, from the first day data to compare our favorite corps with!!!!

AND, the corps not in this TOC tour will have real time scores to shoot at too....real time goals.

This could be GREAT!

I totally agree. people are quick to assume "oh BD will win" but I feel that because of how early this is in the season it's actually even harder to gauge which corps will actually do well. I mean, we have to remember that the "shows" themselves (outside of performance quality) are also being judged so it will be interesting to see which corps can create the best "overall package" after just having learned the closing drill probably 3 days before! :D!! LOL!!

I hope they broadcast this so I can watch!

Edited by charlie1223

It will be VERY INTERESTING to see how fast and how much the shows of the 'top finishing' corps change.

Afterall they will be directly competing with each other A LOT before finals.

This should make for some very polished and appealing shows in Indy - IMHO

..sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but there are NO TOC events in June!

Neither Saginaw nor Round Lake are TOC events.

Right now, until they decide on the east coast event in August, there are just 4 in July:

Rockford, IL

Houston, TX

Murfreesboro, TN

Rock Hill, NC

so all of the G8 are traveling thousands of miles to Texas to... uhhh... not have a G8 show? That seems even more intelligent than the original plan.