Saying goodbye to Serenade in Brass

Two weeks in a row and we got to sit in the same row again!! (front row at the Stinger and Section 205 Row G in H'burg) It was sad not seeing you perform with the Lancers but I was very happy you and Kris got to be there with us.... thumbup.gif (Oh and apologies for any embarrassment I might have been to you when you introduced us to your sister....LOL)

Actually I couldn't hear what was said...And after she sat down she realized she didn't catch it totally. :doh: And she's been around corps people enough (went to school with a few 80s Westshoremen) so nothing really fazes her. Sure it must have been good though.....

Few years back we introduced her to some of the Lancers, one responded "Oh you're Jims sister..... our condolences". :devil:

Oh I promise to be out of the way next time you want to give Kris a hug. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Last night was my second performance with the Cabs Alumni, and it was amazing... Also my second performance on stage for Serenade in Brass.

I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit at the end of the show (the again, I teared up at the end of our rehearsal listening to Larry Hershman as well). The closing of America with Westshoremen was pretty awesome.

I'm sad to see the show go. I would hope that maybe they would reconsider it. The venue is amazing for drum corps. It is a show that will be sadly missed. I know it was a personal favorite for my mom, who was unable to make the drive out to see the last one this year without having my dad around.

I'm sad I didn't get to see/hear anyone else perform, other than watching Bridgemen rehearse in the afternoon before us. But the crowd was amazing... it was a baby-throwing crowd for sure.

What a show to close an era with...

• Like 2

Larry Hershman told us at the stage rehearsal that is was a sellout. I thought to myself, "Too bad it hasn't been a sellout all along, this might not have been the last Serenade if they had been."

The ceremonial closing of the Westshormen playing "America" from the audience, the first song ever performed at the first Serenade, was a very fitting and classy farewell to the Serenade in Brass. We had been told there would be and ending following our performance, and were asked to remain there for it. I was honored to be standing on stage to witness this.

Congratulations to Larry, Five Star Brass, and the Westshoremen Alumni for a great tradition hosting this show all these years, and for a wonderful, final farewell.

and I have to say, we were thrilled to have you standing there. When Jimmy called you to attention, that's when the tears floated, because the two biggest moments in my drum corps career came with the cabs coming to attention to salute my corps.

And as always, you guys did it not because you had to, but because you are indeed and will forever be the Rolls Royce of the drum corps activity.

And also Larry, thank you for bringing out Rose, Bill, Chuck, Dan and Craig and recognizing the Stars

Jeff, I think being brought to attention while you guys played was what kept me from coming to full on tears on Saturday night... What an amazing moment in drum corps history...

Jeff, I think being brought to attention while you guys played was what kept me from coming to full on tears on Saturday night... What an amazing moment in drum corps history...

hey Trish, not sure who the other Mello player was that gave props to our Mello soloist while we were standing in the hallway, but when you run into her tell her that she said (our mello player that is) THANK YOU!!

see ya in Wildwood.......

If I can remember who it was, I'll definitely let her know, though I'm pretty sure I know who it was. I'll definitely pass the message along. :thumbup:

To everyone who was at the Serenade in Brass in Harrisburg this past weekend: did anyone accidentally pick up an extra ride cymbal and boom stand? The stand is a Tama boom stand and the cymbal is a Zildjian ride (I believe) 18". If anyone has information on the missing equipment I would appreciate it.

Great show everybody. So what else is new? What a way to start the 2011 season. Anyone looking for a weak performance this early in the season must have been pleasantly surprised. Hat's off to old time drumcorps and those who work so hard to preserve it. Thanks to all performers and audience alike

for making this last Serenade more than just an ordinary swan song.